Sunday, 12 July 2015

Non-Bucket List

I turn 39 this week.

A year before the big four-oh (little explanation there for the more mathematically-challenged amongst you).

Traditionally this is the point when people panic and start writing endless lists of everything they want to achieve before they hit forty.

Or before they die.

I've had a good long think about this and decided it is time to be honest about what I am never going to do, either in the next 365 days or however long I have left on this planet.

These were things that I always sort of assumed I would do but have now come to the conclusion I won't, and I am perfectly happy with that.

So here is my non-bucket list:

I will never make it to Glastonbury festival
I won't run a marathon
I'm not going to get a tattoo
I won't grow my hair long (I have done this once before, so I don't know if it technically counts but I have come to the realisation that hair any longer than my chin just doesn't suit me).
I won't do a bungee jump
I will never be fluent in a second language
I am not going to acquire a taste for whisky

But there is one thing I really want to achieve before I turn forty, and now unlike just a few years, or even months, ago it now seems eminently possible.

I want to become a Mother of three.

What's on your non-bucket list?



4 comments:

  1. I'm expecting twins in addition to my toddler, so I think my non-bucket list is going to be "pay off student loans." Not because I'm perfectly happy with it, but because I'm trying to be realistic here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy your most heart-felt dreams are coming true! Happy pregnancy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) birthday! I somehow missed this post. I like the list (the hair thing is the same for me...I've twice attempted to grow my hair longer and twice decided it's not a good idea...ah, the wisdom that comes with age).

    Long ago, I had the ambition of hiking the Appalachian Trail. It's 2200 miles long. I don't think that's going to happen. Which is okay because I've also come to the realization that I'm not much for camping, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice post, Thanks for sharing valuable information about home improvement.
    home improvement Toronto

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!