Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Secrets and Lies

The scan on Tuesday showed a healthy, happy embryo. In fact it showed a bit more than that.

I really didn't mean to keep anything back this time.

After last pregnancy's time shift I felt a bit guilty about keeping you in the dark so this time the plan was to tell you exactly what was going on, as it happened.

But I didn't count on one tiny little flaw in my plan - a bit of news that would completely throw me and I'd need time to digest it before disseminating it across the world. To be honest it wasn't so much you lot that I wanted to keep it quiet from it was those real life friends and family that read this blog that I didn't want to find out immediately.

So whilst I haven't exactly lied to you I have been keeping one small detail back. At the start it was a tiny detail but as the weeks have gone on it has grown. This detail is now approximately five and a half centimeters long.

This detail is a twin.

A second baby.

A wombmate hanging out.

That one embryo I transfered clearly didn't want to be lonely so decided to clone itself in my uterus.

All going well I'm going to go from being an incredibly lucky mother of one near-miracle baby to a mother of three.

Which is frankly an embarrassment of children.



23 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Congratulations - I hope everything continues to progress smoothly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Twins are so.much.fun-- but THIS is one of the many reasons we decided to wait a little longer to do an FET- we absolutely will transfer just one, but I know SO MANY women lately who've become pregnant with identicles after a SET. The thought is both exciting and terrifying to this twin mama! One set is one thing, but the possibility of two sets three and under freaked me the eff out! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly! That's a piece of news. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just purely awesome news!!!! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congratulations, always knew it was possible just have never knew someone it happened to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH My God! Aren't you the luckiest duck ever!
    Congratulations and best wishes for smoooooth sailing.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. bit weepy with happiness here. What did your own wombmate say?
    Thinking back to your twin pregnancy in 2012, clearly you/they made it past 6 and 8 weeks this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Huge congratulations! I have 18 months between my eldest and the twins.... it's hard but you will get through it. And I completely understand not talking about it - it took me 8 weeks before I could talk about it! The eldest is now 3.5 and the twins are now 2 ... it's so lovely when I come home and they see me and shout Mama!! and then come running towards me. In the meantime though, we should talk about treble buggies! Huge congrats Liz! (PS - I've not commented in ages because I can't via iPad, so had to wait to get to work to log on properly!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fantastic news! I'm sure you were thrown for a bit of a loop. Wow, it's a really good thing you only transferred one. :-) Congratulations! You will be overwhelmed but it will be fantastic. Another set of toes to nibble and cheeks to kiss. Another set of arms around your neck...so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wombmate is just about the perfect happy ending. It's all come full circle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOH Congratulations! Twins are awesome! (I'm a twin) Such an amazing surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazingly miraculous! Can't wait to read whether Olive will have 2 sisters or brothers to play with this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely. Exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful news! I love coming back forma long break to happy tidings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol, I remember asking about a month or so ago if it might be twins since your numbers were so high. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just read this - I am so incredibly happy for you!! This totally made my day!!!! Feel good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you ... I have twins too, and it's one crazy busy adventure of scrumptiousness xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi buddy! This post is written quite better! Reading throughout this post reminds me of my best friend! I would forward this post to him. http://ofallonwindowreplacement.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is noticeably much to know on the subject of this. I think you created some excellent points in Features also. refinishing pro

    ReplyDelete
  20. You’ve put enormous insights about the topic here, continue the good work! http://www.change-of-address-online.com/

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!