Tuesday, 12 May 2015

Approaching the second trimester


I have a week (6 days and 12 hours to be exact) until my next scan.

The 12 week one which I consider my graduation one, launching me into the second trimester. It isn't done at the fertility clinic but at the hospital where I will give birth, and it is done from the outside  - through the belly. I told a friend that my scans to date are all done up through the vag.

She was appalled;  "How embarrassing!"

I don't need to tell you guys that she hasn't been through IVF. I hardly notice an internal scan these days, you need to scrape out half my womb lining to get so much of a flinch out of me nowadays.

I haven't had a scan for three weeks so I'm getting increasingly jittery.

I don't feel like things have gone wrong.  I'm being sick and getting noticeably bigger - but the latter has less to do with anything growing in my womb but more to do with the only thing that eases the nausea is to eat.

So I am.

Constantly.

I've always been fairly short and had hairy toes but now I have added a second breakfast to my hobbit-like traits. (And mid-morning snack, late morning snack, lunch ...)

Still it helps fill the time.

I wonder how much I can eat in the next week.




6 comments:

  1. I was just noticing that I eat constantly while at work. But, unfortunately, my snack drawer is rapidly emptying. :( More unfortunately, I don't even have the pregnancy excuse to justify all my snacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! Have you had The Thirst yet? I remember necking a 1 litre bottle of water in front of a colleague and their jaw dropped. Gigi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for elevenses! ;-) I'm with you, or rather more with 'areyoukiddingme'. Wondering what will happen when I will not have work next month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that week goes quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember those shaped cheesy nibbles that adorned party tables in the 80's? Those are the best for these times.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!