Tuesday, 10 February 2015

And so it begins...

We are off.

I had my scan and blood tests yesterday and despite the lack of appearance of my period we are skipping straight to the progesterone stage.

I have just taken my first pill and which I'll take for 11 days - meanwhile I'll have another womb biopsy to check that nothing nasty is lurking in my womb. Once I stop this progesterone (primolut) I should have a period and all the drugs and interventions start in ernest.

By my calculations that means the frozen embryo transfer in mid March.

I'd like to say it feels good to be back again.

Despite Olive, returning to the clinic having to hear the usual gripes about my ovaries hiding and being scanned in the same room I heard about my miscarriage, the whole thing fills me with dread.

But I know how incredibly wonderful the end result can be - it really is all worth it.





5 comments:

  1. It will be worth it! Prayers to you as you begin this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say that I am hopeful (and hoping) for you would be an understatement. Lift off, all systems go, godspeed. I hope you get the all clear on the biopsy...and I am crossing everything that it is a hop, skip and a jump from there to #2. Will be thinking my good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!