Tuesday, 30 September 2014

It takes two


The husband wasn't happy with a line in my last post.

This one:

And, if it had, if I was ovulating regularly maybe I could even get pregnant by myself.

Apparently I can't get pregnant by myself. He reckons he needs to get involved.

Grudgingly I have to agree.

The thing is I still don't know whether it is ever going to be possible to get pregnant by myself as a couple without any medical intervention.

A couple of months ago I had two possible scenarios in mind.

In one I would need to take a bunch of drugs to get periods, I'd be completely on the medicalised track and I'd go put a frozen embryo in after three periods.

In the second scenario if I was getting regular periods I thought that I would give myself a few extra  months to see if I we could get pregnant like normal people.

Now a third option has presented itself. I'm not on a clockwork 28 day cycle but my last one was 37 days which isn't completely out of the reaches of 'normal'.

My ovulation has always been all over the place thanks to having polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). I'm not going to say too much about PCOS because I'd like you to do me a favour. Would you mind popping over and filling out a questionnaire about PCOS? It doesn't matter if you know much about it or not because that is part of what the questionnaire hopes to ascertain.

The questionnaire is here and it is particularly for folk in the UK to respond to as it is also to establish how the NHS deals with women with PCOS.

The questionnaire has been put out by a charity, Verity, which provides information and support for women with polycystic ovary syndrome. So help them out, like they've helped many other women like us.

But back to me.

Not a lot gets past "areyoukiddingme" and she quickly picked up on the fact that I've had my three periods so I could get on with the whole frozen embryo insertion thing. But I haven't picked up the phone and made that call to my Doctor to get on with the defrost.

Instead I've spent £30 on some ovulation tests.

Yes it is expensive, but just imagine if I managed to pinpoint my ovulation.

That thirty quid could save me a fortune when compared to a frozen embryo transfer.

So let's see if I do actually manage to ovulate this month. And if I do ... well then I've got at least a slim chance of getting pregnant WITH THE HUSBAND'S HELP (spunk).





4 comments:

  1. Hurrah. Having become a UK resident two days ago, I was eligible to usefully fill out the survey. Have done so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be AWESOME! And yes, you'll probably need to involve the husband. Much luck - you never know what will happen, right? And there's always the frozen embryo waiting in the background...

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!