Saturday, 6 July 2013

Happy Average

My internet silence should not be interpreted as a sign of bad news - rather moving into the new house and being devoid of Internet access. Three weeks now and I miss it more than is healthy. Which means this post tapped out laboriously on my phone shall be short, but sweet.

Sweet because yesterday, at our 33 week scan, I saw a little stubby nose, and a wee girl sucking her fingers.

The little one measured bang on average for everything. Size, weight (currently measured at 4 pounds 13oz), and, blood flow through heart and brain.

Her head is down ready for birth, and my placenta has shifted up to the top, allowing her unfettered access to the exit and taking away the need for a planned Caesarian - which was mooted at the 20 week scan.

I have never before been so pleased to hear that something I have created - albeit with a touch of help - is average. Of course once she is out (and one of the views left us in no doubt she is a she) I shall be aiming for an outstanding baby, exceptional toddler and amazing teenager. But for now average is perfect. 



13 comments:

  1. Yay for normal and average all the way through pregnancy!! Great news and lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! I was getting worried! Very good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being so pleased when all of Gwen's stats at her 20w scan were absolutely average. I crowed about it for days afterwards. It's a wonderful thing to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, I was thinking about your 33 week scan just this week and hoping the placenta had moved itself out the way, brilliant news, and so amazing you could see her sucking her fingers, cute. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Average is exactly where you want to be right now - glad to hear that all is well. House pictures when you get your Internet hooked up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Born Yesterday
    Philip Larkin

    For Sally Amis

    Tightly-folded bud,
    I have wished you something
    None of the others would:
    Not the usual stuff
    About being beautiful,
    Or running off a spring
    Of innocence and love —
    They will all wish you that,
    And should it prove possible,
    Well, you’re a lucky girl.

    But if it shouldn’t, then
    May you be ordinary;
    Have, like other women,
    An average of talents:
    Not ugly, not good-looking,
    Nothing uncustomary
    To pull you off your balance,
    That, unworkable itself,
    Stops all the rest from working.
    In fact, may you be dull —
    If that is what a skilled,
    Vigilant, flexible,
    Unemphasised, enthralled
    Catching of happiness is called.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear things are going so well. I can;t believe you are already at 33 weeks!! She will be here before you know it. Make sure you are taking time to put your feet up, mama you are doing a great job and you need your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that everything is going so well! And average sounds awesome at this point :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the relief abusing your poor tapping fingers brought us. WONDERFUL and happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delighted to hear that the move is going well and that Doug is growing so beautifully! She'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AW such amazing news! So glad all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pleased to see a post from you, have been checking to see one far too much. Wonderful to hear you say you are 33 weeks, seems not that long ago the positive test photo was aired! Obviously it hasn't gone as quick for you!! I am on my second FET cycle and you bring me so much hope that amazing things can happen. Average right now sounds just fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  13. (No! Got gobbled! Boo.)

    Ah! WONDERFUL news, W4I. Very glad to hear all is on target.

    (Also very intrigued as to how you are getting on without an internet connection. So extreme! The equivalent of Bear Grylls, as far as I'm concerned. Do send us an update by - eh - carrier pigeon? to let us know how it goes.)

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!