Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Dreams can come true ...

There can be a sense, when you are doing IVF, that you are just another vagina to the doctors.

Despite being in and out of the clinic for a good few years I never seen more than a flicker of recognition from the receptionist, and the nurses are all lovely but again I never got the sense that they knew me.

Doctors have come and gone (not literally: that would be both disgusting and profoundly unprofessional), but my most recent physician has seen me through three of the last five IVF/ FETs. From her, more than anyone I got the sense that she was monitoring my progress between appointments and treating my womb-base conundrum with the respect it deserved.

I felt vindicated, therefore, when I went for a scan in the lead up to this transfer and my Doctor declared she'd had a dream about me and woke up sweating. Disappointingly, it transpires it wasn't a sex dream she had, but one in which she panicked about how to get me pregnant.

I have rarely felt such a sense of achievement.

I do feel that this round she really has thrown all she can at me. As well as the pharmacy of drugs I listed in this post I have also been main-lining intralipids. One session about a week before the FET and another one scheduled for four weeks later.

If I am pregnant.

I guess I'll know in a just over a week. I am hoping that it is my dreams that will come true, not my Doctors. 



15 comments:

  1. Wow you made it in to an RE's dream your famous!! Fingers crossed and several other extremities that you are pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your dreams come true too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that yours are the dreams that are coming true... and glad that you've found a compassionate doctor who is committed to getting you pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really hoping so too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping so much this is it for you! I love it when Drs are involved..not that it has done me much good. Everyone from the receptionist to the OR nurse know me..after all I have been there for 2 retrievals and 3 transfers in the last 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got everything crossed over here in Canada and even some things that you wouldn't want crossed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so lucky to go to a very small clinic with just one doctor and a small staff. We felt soooo loved there. They all knew us and since it took us well over a year, a miscarriage and 7 treatment cycles...we pretty much felt like family. I am still very good friends with one of the nurses who had a baby boy right about the time I did. So...I am so happy to hear this..because I truly believe it helps when the doctors and staff actually care on a real level. Our embryologist was also awesome...she called herself our "first babysitter". I do send lots of positive vibes that you will get that positive test. I was a cheater and POAS starting at 5 days after transfer...will you be cheating too?
    kd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and hoping and wishing your dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooooo stalking your site. The wait is killing all of us !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wait is going to be awful. Everything crossed, praying so hard, sending baby dust ... so many good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long time lurker thinking of you and wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have everything crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck to you your wishes will come true as you want it so much x

    ReplyDelete
  14. id love to have had the maternal pull but not this time around :)

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!