In a way the past couple of weeks have been harder than directly after IVFgate.
I am crying a lot in short sharp bursts.
The smallest thing sets me off:
- Someone asking how I am
- Seeing how my twin's pregnancy bump has grown in two weeks since I last saw her (OK that can't be described as a smallest thing)
- Telling someone the name of my new niece
- Finding my stash of vitamins for pregnancy and breastfeeding, bought on offer when I was six weeks pregnant and confident I'd need them for many many months to come
- In an art gallery, can't remember what got me going there
- Stubbing my toes (admittedly that'd probably make me cry at any point).
On the plus side the tears go quickly. I can be in the kitchen at work crying over split milk (literally) one moment then back at my desk laughing at my colleague's hand cream the next.
I confided in the husband as I wetted his shoulder (from both eyes and nose, which is nice) one night that I thought I might be at bit hormonal.
His response of "No shit?!" confirmed my fears.
I think I am slowly getting back on a more even keel.
I certainly hope so because it'd be nice to wear mascara again one day.