Wednesday, 30 May 2012

By The Time You Read This I'll Be Gone


Not for too long mind.

Back in January the husband made some pretty strong statements regarding the forthcoming Queen's Jubilee. I think the sentence he used included the the phrases "cunts with bunting", "inbred half-wits" and "rather gouge my own eyes out". I decided that to prevent him ending up in the tower it would be wise to remove ourselves from the country for the celebratory weekend.

Which means that we booked this and next week off work. Given the trauma of the last couple of weeks this has turned out be to exceptionally good timing.  I continued to work through much of last week (except of course for Friday - op day) and the week before. Whilst this was a good distraction technique it hasn't allowed me much time for any kind of emotional recovery (and on the plus side no time for an emotional breakdown either, every cloud and all that).

Today we are off to foreign-lands. I've downloaded a kindle-full of books and intend to pursue some full-time lounging activities.

So if I am quiet for a couple of weeks it is more likely to be a result of limited internet connection and better things to do than blog than any kind of emotional breakdown.

See you on the other side.



20 comments:

  1. You get yourselves away and relax. The emotional recovery may, I suspect come a little easier without the incessant celebrations updates thrust in your faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have an awesome time. You need some awesomeness.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the "Game of Thrones" series is addictive. I've been meaning to kindle it myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! Excellent timing! Go and rest, have time for yourselves. Just what is needed.

    Your husband is a hoot. Can quite see why you keep him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curse you woman, I've now got George Whittaker singing "By the time I get to Phoenix" stuck in my head!!

    Hope you both get the lounging time you need with this trip. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be safe, be peaceful, drink many glasses of wine.

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent timing! Enjoy some quiet time together, read lots of books and drink lots of wine. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a nice relaxing booze filled time! And it's ok to have a few break downs as well (I did when we went on a tropical vaca after a m/c).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy! But what are you going to do about the Olympics - won't that be equally annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time and enjoy your time together to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea...even if it was for a different reason than originally intended. Enjoy your time away...read a lot of books, lounge and have a cry or two....Hugs to you....Enjoy your holiday!
    Kd

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderfully peaceful time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take care Liz, and rest up.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry I missed you. I've just had two frozen embryos transferred (by donor egg in Alicante) staying in Hotell For Dogs back at work today everyone thinking I've been up at my mums for a few days!! Feel like some kind of double life being lived.Now the wait begins .I do have a son a wonderful 4 year old but that was before when I didn't believe in the billogical clock. I discovered you blog at the above mentioned hotel it is brilliant and familiar x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great time to get away. I hope you have a restful and wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful get away. We ignored the jubilee madness totally. We were far to busy cooing over our puppy to give a tiny rats tit what a bunch of overprivileged toffs were up to. From the tiny snippets I saw on the news it all looked pretty dang boring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. After watching the jubilee madness in the "colonies" I kept thinking of you and your trip away. I hope you had a wonderful, healing time and avoided all the ...... "cunts with bunting"

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's up everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this site, and
    post is really fruitful designed for me, keep up posting
    these types of articles or reviews.
    Feel free to visit my web blog go here

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!