Friday, 6 April 2012

Another Sign?

I am constantly amazed by the number of you who have been reading this blog for years. Hanging on in with me to through thick and thick (I'm talking womb lining here). I love how much you are all hoping with me that this IVF is the one, and I think we all know why - this blog is getting pretty dull with my Groundhog Day IVF's, we all need a change!

But for you long timers, this will be a test of not just your length of reading but also your memory.  Do you remember T?

Quick recap, my friend T had IVF first back in March 2010, it didn't work.

So she tried again.

It didn't work.

Then a frozen embryo transfer.

No pregnancy either.

But, last Autumn she too went for a below radar IVF. (Of course I knew, I always know, but most folk didn't.)

And it worked. Doubly so.

At 7:00am this morning, continental time, she went in for a Caesarean. She told me yesterday so I asked her to get him indoors to text me - when he could - to let me know how it went.

He didn't.

Instead at 11:45 (their time) she rang me!

All went well and she now has a little boy and girl to call her own.

As I said to my embryo's this morning "Dig in little ones, you need to meet your little continental cousins."

So with her, and the womb mate proving that this IVF lark can actually work this is very auspicious news for my own attempt.



22 comments:

  1. Aw! That's great.

    Yes, it appears that IVF really can result in reproduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Gigi!

    I hope you are resting and eating chocolate as you are supposed to be...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I did go out for lunch today, but I was sitting down. (And did have a chocolate based desert, so that is Ok, innit?)

      Delete
  3. Yay for GiGi...so excited for her!

    And..sorry my first Drawsome picture to you sucked so bad....I was laying sideways in bed falling asleep but I am addicted to that fun game and couldn't stop.

    Happy resting and allowing those embies to sink in and make a home.

    kd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I am playing so many people just now I have lost track of who drew what, which was your drawing of?

      Delete
  4. That IS wonderful news!! And an auspicious sign, I hope. This CAN work!! And hopefully this is the time that it will!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so, it'll be pretty lonely if not.

      Delete
  5. Yes and now it's YOUR turn (did you hear me universe?). Still sending you ickiest of the stickiest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Pass on my congrats xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it yourself, I'm sure she'll read this post eventually, you know now she is off work and has loads of time on her hands. G, you know who is cunningly hidden behind the pseudonym Granine is right? (P1's missus.)

      Delete
  7. Not only is it your turn, you've done everything possible to make this one work. You've earned it ten times over. Everything crossed for you lady....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, hope this is it for you (doubly so...)!! Sometimes IVF can surprise you...in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT does work. I'm due for C-section on Thursday from pregnancy from IVF. I hope it is your turn. You are so deserving of babies. Luck comin' at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful sign :)) Congratulations to your friend and may her baby dust spread to your little ones too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful sign!!

    And, you were actually one of the first IF blogs that I ever started following before I started blogging and I am so hopeful that this cycle will be the one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurray! And, of course, double hurray!

    Please please please it works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Gigi! I think it's a wonderful sign!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Gigi! I like signs. I've been very impressed by the portents in our Drawing game. First 'tattoo' (of a Mum heart, what else?) then a 'unicorn' and EVERYONE knows they are a sign of awesome rainbow-poopy goodness and then you get to draw 'PARENTS'!!! My appendages are all tightly squeezed crossed for you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that parent thing felt particularly portentous!

      Delete
  15. This post is actually a good one it assists new
    the web viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging.
    Here is my homepage : their explanation

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!