Sunday, 22 April 2012

Checking in

Wow.

I mean really.

So many of you dropping by to comment on my last post. It has taken a while but I have finally managed to reply to all of them. (Took so long mainly because blogger seemed to think that the only person who would comment quite so much on that post must be spam, so kept deleting and not publishing things - hence the odd blip round anonymous/ Magneto Bold's comments). [UPDATE: NOOO ... I PUBLISHED THIS AND HALF OF THEM, AND THE RECENT COMMENTS DISAPPEARED. FUCKING HELL. ]

It seems apt, from many of your comments, that last Wednesday was National Stalking Awareness Day but whilst they want to put a stop to it I say bring it on! I love to hear that so many of you have been quietly peeking in for so long.

It has been just over a week since I found out and even with my over active imagination I haven't managed to identify a single pregnancy symptom. I am trying to be chilled out and have managed to stop myself buying another of those digital tests to check that the length of time pregnant has gone up from 2 -3 weeks to 3+ weeks. Luckily they are phenomenally expensive so it hasn't been too hard to resist.

I have a week and a half until my scan. It is a funny kind of purgatory, waiting. But I am lucky that I have never had a miscarriage so this period isn't beset with worries in the way that it is for so many of you. Naturally I am not unaware of the risks, and I am sure many of you were reading the comments touching wood like a teenage boy.

My attitude however is 'fuck it', it has taken five and a half years to get this far. I am going to enjoy it for as long as I can. It might go tits up. But until I know that I will revel in being pregnant.

Although I certainly won't buy anything for the baby until well into the second trimester.

Loads (two) of you have asked for the details of exactly when, and how, and what I did when I discovered it had worked. I'll get to that soon. 



18 comments:

  1. Ok I'm very behind on my reading....I'm so excited I'm crying....yes I'm at work and crying....and sooooo very happy for you...it is finally your time!!!! Yay!!! So excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took you forever and a day to get here and now you're skimping on pee sticks knowing that they are positive? Are you CRAZY?? Go get that expensive stick and dunk it in piss and take a bloody picture right now! You deserve it! And I tell you what, you'd better enjoy it too. All of it.
    Jeez, the hormones are messing with your head already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't about not wanting to spend the money, that is just making it easier to resist. The point is I am scared to test with the expensive tests again incase the length of time it says i am pregnant hasn't gone up - or worse has gone down. There won't be anything I can do until the scan, so I am trying to hold myself back.

      Delete
    2. Don't put too much weight on pregnancy symptoms as each is different. I had several miscarriages in my twenties and those pregnancies came with all the classics: nausea, bloating, sore bb's, etc. Then, at 35, when I got pregnant with the one that finally stuck, I had not a single symptom, aside from the growing belly of course :)

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to hear that you're enjoying the moment no matter what. I was so thrilled to see your positive test as I have been another who had quietly reading since the beginning of my own TTC journey almost 3 years ago. Hoping for a very smooth 9 months for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case your iron will bends at all and you end up buying another couple of (or hundred pounds worth of like me - I kid you not) clear blue tests, let me just warn you that they can lie about quite how pregnant you are. I am much more uptight and neurotic than you and I bought a lot of them and tested very often in the couple of weeks following my successful IVF cycle. In a two week period of testing mine stayed at 1-2 weeks pregnant and didnt go up to 2-3. Much angst, tears, GP calling and queuing up for private HCG blood tests ensued as I was convinced I was miscarrying, all the while my beta went up slowly but nicely and my pregnancy progressed normally and healthily resulting in my son.

    Your attitude is much healthier than mine so I'm sure you won't end up in this predicament but just thought I'd let you know just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to see my comment, which I am sure I made, on the previous post (though there are so many perhaps it got lost, but it may also think I'm spam). But many congratulations if I didn't already say it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy in Florida22 April 2012 at 17:44

    Skip the sticks, you're pregnant. You're pregnant!! I bet you still don't believe it. Enjoy this feeling, and the giddiness of it all. I didn't really have a lot of symptoms with my pregnancy, however I had the break thru bleeding and panicked thinking it was a miscarriage. It wasn't it was just break thru bleeding. Everything will make you worry, welcome to parenthood. 9 months goes slow & fast at the same time. Just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Fuck It attitude. You will never regret enjoying every minute of your pregnancy! I honestly think that the wait for my first scan was harder than the wait to test, though- there's no cheating, peeking or good means of distracting. I can't wait for the report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. In all fairness I completely understand the lack of desire to Piss on another stick. Bask in the glory of the recently urine soaked tests. Roll on scan day..oh and I don't think my comment on your last post worked so I'll say it now. Chuffed doesn't quite cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good think you have Blogger to annoy you - otherwise how would you pass the time until your scan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am over joyed for you, really. I keep starting the story to my husband, "my friend ... oh wait no, she's a perfect stranger but I've been reading her blog since we started trying ..." It's pretty funny.

    I took about 15 pregnancy tests between my first positive and my first scan. I just ... had to. How quick the line showed up just made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo to the hoo to you and your baby on board! Won't bog you down with my story, will tell you I have been watching from afar for quite a few months. You are an inspiration. Love your spirit and tenacity. Your are going to be the most wonderful mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your post yesterday - and smiled at all those HPTs - but didn't comment then as there were so many. I will add my congratulations for you - and hope you're enjoying the feeling just now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss that post?!!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so happy for you :)) You've inspired me to keep going and get my hope back for our upcoming cycle :) Love to you and bub xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't know where my comment from the last post went either, but many congratulations! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. just so thrilled for you two :-D

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!