Friday, 30 March 2012

Womb Update

The dramatic leap from 1mm to 7mm in three days that my womb lining showed last round of IVF was Not A Good Thing. Yes having a thicker womb lining great for the embryo to bed down in but growing that fast isn’t healthy.

Which is what I have been telling myself repeatedly all morning, and why I am quite content that my womb lining has grown a respectable 1mm in the last 3 days. At 8mm it has now reached a nice thickness for embryo transfer – the ideal (so my internet trawl tells me) is 8 to 16mm. The doctors also like to see a triple stripe (I’m thinking Aquafresh here) and what do I have? A lovely tri-striped uterus.

So it is all looking very encouraging and the frozen embryo the transfer is going ahead next Wednesday.

In the meantime I start the bum injections again today, and swap my nasal spray for a more intimate squirt. Nice to mix it up again.

I’m really pleased with the timing as this way I’ll take Wednesday and Thursday off work and still have another four days to chill out before going back to the office thanks to some chocolate eating festival that is happening next weekend.


15 comments:

  1. Excellent! How can you go wrong with 2 days off followed by 4 days of chocolate eating?

    Glad to hear that things are on track...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very good news - it sounds like the womb lining is looking ideal for your transfer, and all systems are go. I'm very glad.

    (And just what do people eat, in a ritual manner for said festival? That's right. Eggs. Giant, lovely, chocolate eggs. That's a good omen if ever I heard of one. Even if you are past the egg stage.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all sounding jolly positive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOHH So glad to hear things are growing nicely and stripedly :)

    Keeping my fingers crossed and your womb in my prayers....

    Sounds like perfect timing for a relaxing 5 days of chocolate.....oh and embryo settling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Just make sure you stick to one method of application when it comes to the chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done that uterus.

    (Chocolate-eating festival. Heheheheheheh).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmmm chocolate and a delish triple stripe ute! What more could a girl want?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! Hoping so hard this one is it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that all is on track for your transfer :)) FXd for you and thinking of you for your special day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic news, chocolate egg weekend is most definitely a good omen!! Everything crossed. Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay for chocolate and yay for eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given that the pre-Christian equivalent of Easter was a pagan fertility festival, that has to auger well for you. Yay for triple stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is excellent news. Sending you god vibes x

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!