Friday, 3 February 2012

And on the seventh day ...

I was told to expect egg collection on Tuesday. During my previous IVFs collection has always been a tad behind what they predicted. So I was banking on Wednesday.

It was therefore, a bit of a shock to get the call tonight telling me to trigger at 10pm tonight ready for egg collection on Sunday morning.

I hadn't expected that.

I feel a bit discombobulated, and triple checked with the nurse when she told me.

It is a good thing it is happening then. I have really tried not to tell people at work that I am having my fourth round - after my oh so public third. This is the first round that I haven't told my boss about, simply explaining away my daily scans and blood tests this week with the all encompassing (and enigmatic) "Monitoring." Strictly true, but only half the story.

I am lucky that I have managed to book my appointments in for first thing in the morning and with my clinic just 15 minutes from home and work I've managed to sneak into work without most people noticing I'm even late.

So egg collection on Sunday means that I can be in work on Monday like nothing has happened, no one will be any the wiser.

The only bummer is it means I'm going to have to cancel Sunday lunch with friends (these ones), I still haven't met their now 19 month old daughter - they are going to start taking it personally soon.



12 comments:

  1. How exciting! Sunday retrieval. Cool.

    I think it's better that less people know about procedures. Sorry you have to cancel your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - I retrieved early last time and it was a bit disconcerting at first too. Hopefully that means you are doing well! Glad it falls on a Sunday so you can be discreet with work...
    Best of luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah it'll be good to go have your egg collection on a Sunday - should be more relaxing experience than going on a work day especially as transport/traffic should be less busy plus you'll hopefully be in more relaxed frame of mind - shame you will miss your Sunday lunch though. Fingers crossed all goes well for you and looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this incognito retrieval. I have high hopes for a successful harvest and a well deserved mojito, mimosa, or martini (or all of those together). It will be a lot less stressful to have to keep the incidentals updated. Lots of good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with everything! I'm in the midst of my first IVF, blood test on Monday to see how the drugs are going. Monday is a public holiday here in NZ so I have to go to an A&E hospital to have it done. It's all very nerve wracking isn't it! Fingers crossed for your.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's harvest time! Enjoy your day off of the drugs tomorrow, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great retrieval on Sunday. Your friends will understand (they'd better- you're baby making, which is important!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck tomorrow lady....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya! Just checking in from Venice. (Yeah, showing off.) Hope it goes well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck tomorrow!! I will be thinking about you. I hope you feel better fast, less bloated and stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always good when you don't have to take time off work...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, you're a champ. Working the day after your ER! I was out for days!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!