Monday, 14 November 2011

Transfer day - through the medium of pictures...

On Saturday* I went in for my embryo transfer - this is how the day evolved ...


Of a morning I like to sort out my pills for the day. The idea is that if the pot is empty by the time I go to bed I've not missed anything.  Harder than you'd think. (Pictured: folic acid, selenium, rasberry leaf x 3, royal jelly, asprin, Prognova, Norprolac x 2).


Two hours before embryo transfer I popped one of these high into my ... well you can read. It is for pain relief. I particularly enjoyed the instruction to remove the wrapper first, luckily I read that before insertion so I didn't have to fish anything back out.



The clinic is a 15 minute walk away from my house. Anxious to ensure my bladder was full enough I didn't waste a moment of that walk, topping up my bladder the whole way.


Action drinking shot.


Waiting until I can get changed.


In gown with lucky socks* on. (*I have no idea whether they are lucky, this is their first outing so they are untested). Note how the gown is emblazoned with the word 'hospital use only' - bang goes my idea of nicking it and wearing it out on the town.




You really don't want to see what happened in the vagina stuffing room.  Suffice to say my womb lining was declared fit at 9.2mm and they put two remaining blastocysts in. Unfortunately there is nothing left to freeze, but look at these beauties... 


They are both graded a good, solid 6BC (6 = hatching, B is quality of inner cells which become the baby, C is the quality of the cells that become the placenta).


The ritual of the post transfer rest includes listening to comedy (based on reports clowns in the ward after embryo transfer are supposed to increase the chances of a pregnancy, and my clinic is just too tight to lay on that kind of entertainment - see here).


 It might be a short walk, but we took a taxi home, ain't nothing gonna disturb my babies.


The rest of the day was mostly spent on the sofa with a dumb beast's head on my lap (NB. I'm referring to the dog as shown above, not the husband). And yeah, so I unbuttoned the top button, I don't want to restrict my uterus - there's 9.2mm of pure womb lining in there.

Finishing the night with a bit of fun: a suppository. 


And an injection. Blurgh.

If you want the word-heavy version check out iVillage.

*I'm really sorry this took me a while to get up, I couldn't be bothered with sorting out all the pictures whilst doing some intensive resting, and I didn't think anyone would actually notice. But I've had a few emails asking whether everything is Ok - I didn't mean to worry anyone!



25 comments:

  1. Yay! 6BC sounds pretty bloody good! My fingers are hopefully crossed tightly for you now.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! Keep us VERY REGULARLY posted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah for 9.2mm! Now EMBED, you swanky little 6BC buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful embies!! And, yay for such an awesome lining!! Love the visual journey. Wishing you lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was worried when I did not see a post from you this morning. So glad to hear that you have 2 embryos on the go.... hoping and wishing you all the luck in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping and praying these 2 beauties stick around for 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you the best!

    When I worked in the OB clinic, I actually had a patient that was swallowing suppositories for like a month. So while the instructions may seem obvious....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the handbag in the taxi shot!

    Best of luck for the next few days - how did your boss take the news that you wouldn't be coming back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great post - nice pics! Your blasts look beautiful...fingers crossed that third time will be the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the use of pictures....you tell a wonderful story...you should write children's picture books....well, maybe not :)

    I hope you are resting well with good laughter and I'll be thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am such a visual person, I may start writing all my blogs this way! Fingers crossed for you! Come on gorgeous little embabies, dig in and stay awhile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been lurking these past few months I'm sending so much baby dust! Please stick little babies ... please!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pictures! I like them.

    And those embryos are so pretty. Stiiiiick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering if you were ok and hoping it was because you were too busy to blog. Yes, please stick little babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The action drinking shot is my favorite, but the embies and socks are excellent as well. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are kick arse embies. I think you could have got away with the gown. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where those suppliments recommended by the RE or ones you researched and took? Just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was hoping for frosties too, but no matter. I'll put all my energy into wishing the potential twins happy implanting in that lovely lining. Much luck!

    That gown would have been fantastic - you should have taken it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those embies look awesome! GOOD LUCK, I will have everything crossed for you!!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! Hatching blasts and they look gorgeous. As always keeping everything crossed for you. Bummer about there still bring nothing to freeze, did they give you any details on why not?

    Really hoping you can finally move over to Womb4Twins xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The 14th of November is celebrated as Chilren's Day in India. So maybe its a good sign.... that it will also be significant for you .....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome news! Glad the transfer went smoothly and now I am sending over some very sticky thoughts to your beautiful embies! Rest up, eat well and watch a lot of funny sitcoms. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck! Hoping and prying they dig in deep!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your embies are gorgeous :)) Great to hear that they made it to you safely and that they're all snug inside :) Lovely to be sharing this 2WW with you xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!