Thursday, 10 November 2011

Half A Decade

Today marks five years of trying to conceive being married.

Two years ago I made a decision that if I wasn’t pregnant by now then that’d be it. Half a decade was long enough to battle infertility, and I’d need to move on with my life.

So I’m sticking with my plan and, despite getting a call a moment ago from the embryologist telling me all 8 are still there (2 excellent, 6 good quality), I’ve cancelled my embryo transfer.

I’m joking.

Of course I haven’t, but it is a time to reflect on what next. Or should be if I wasn’t trying to focus on this attempt, I’m not going to think about whether to have another shot at IVF after this one because that would be making the assumption that this round isn’t going to work.

Instead tonight I’m going to put on a posh frock, and go out for a lovely meal with whatisname, you know, the husband. And as my future babies are snuggled up in a petri-dish I might even allow myself a glass of celebratory prosecco.

Just the one mind.



16 comments:

  1. I just woke up, and my eyes bulged out of my head. Lol, that was a good one. Hope you had a wonderful evening. Like everyone else I can't help but keep checking on you and seeing progress. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap- that was great! I was thinking "what the hell is wrong with this woman?!". I hope you enjoy your date, and that glass of wine. You deserve it after such a fabulous embryo report.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the prosecco. Have two glasses - hell, drink the whole bottle, if you like.

    Happy Anniversary!

    (also, yay for growing embryos!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart skipped a beat for a moment!

    Have a wonderful anniversary date and yay for great embryos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was how long we gave ourselves to carry on trying to get pregnant, or move on to adoption - in the event we were more than ready a few months before that to move on. It's enough time I think to get really really tired of the whole process, especially if (as with us) nothing much is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart skipped a beat too!

    Have a great Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me there! Glad you haven't lost your sense of humor, we all need it to get through these trying times.
    Have a wonderful aniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!!! Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I still had 8 embryos going strong at this stage, I'd be spraying the prosecco over the husband and round the restaurant in the manner of a formula 1 driver, never mind drinking it! Happy Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary. And so, so many best wishes for the sixth year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!!! I really hope you don't have to get to the point of deciding what to do next. Enjoy the night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a lovely evening Liz...hope the morning brings more good news xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy happy anniversary :)) I thought you were serious there for a moment !! Great that your little ones are going well... and hope you have a lovely celebration tonight xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!