Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Eight is a number lucky in China*

Day three and the embryologist has just called.

I expected a drop off in numbers, but there hasn't been one. All eight are still in the running!

We (I) have:
2 which are six cells in size
1 is seven
2 are eight celled
2 are ten
and one is getting ahead of itself at 11 cells

Quality wise: 2 are excellent, 6 are good.

This is the first time that all the fertilised eggs have been contenders at this stage. The tricky bit now is getting them to blastocyst, in the past two cycles this is where there has been a massive drop off in numbers, both times leaving me with just two options.

This time I want a couple for transfer and a couple more to freeze for my second (or third) baby. That's not too much to ask for is it?

Of course we all know that at almost any point in the process IVF can be called off. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me, and over on iVillage I educate the masses!

* Thanks to Fi for reminding me of this.



24 comments:

  1. yippee! I've been checking in to see how your embies have been doing and so glad it's great news so far x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 is my fave number. Here's to continued success with those little embryos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic. Looking forward to an equally awesome day 5 update!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for no drop off!! Sending "blast off" vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending loads of lovely good vibes your way. Great to read that things are looking good at this stage & keeping everything crossed that you get lovely blasts to freeze and transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news! Keep growing, little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad they're all still going strong!!! Hoping for much more good news to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No whammies, no whammies, no whammies!! Continue to divide and conquer little ones! The fact that you still have 8 is stellar. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news!!! Seems like things are really going well this time...fingers crossed for a great blastocyst report!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous news, can't wait to hear about the Day 5 results and transfer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8 is such a lucky number, me and my husband got married on 8.8.8 (and not we arent Chinese) - lol! But it is definately a lucky number and I am feeling nothing but positive vibes right now! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pleased they are doing well. Really hope they make it to blast and you get to freeze some as well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is good news....still hoping and praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray for the magnificent 8! On another note I've just laughed out loud and for a long time on the train at your description in the ivillage article of your "intimate" acupuncture treatment during ivf #2 - so so funny. Goes without saying that fingers and toes continue to be crossed for the 8 and your innards x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes 8 is lucky because it is the infinity sign. I am hoping so hard for you, honestly universe time to cut her a break.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic news... great that they're all going strong and sending them lots of growing vibes to get to blastocyst, with my little ones that are coming out of the freezer today to try getting to blastocyst too :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come on embryos!
    *joins HFF with the pom poms*

    ReplyDelete
  18. *Thirds the pom pom line-up. While still with a tenterhook up her tendermost, natch*

    ReplyDelete
  19. that is a fabulous sign and news!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a wonderful report! Grow, babies, GROW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic Liz. Literally everything here is crossed...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!