Monday, 24 October 2011

It has started

"It" in this context being:

My six week sabbatical.

and

My period.

In theory my sabbatical started at 5:30pm on Friday night. In practice when I left work at cowboy time (ten to ten) on Friday night I still hadn't finished. At a similar time on Sunday night when I emailed my boss the report I'd spent the weekend writing I thought it had begun. In practice I think it was started when I pressed send of the email to my colleague at 4.22 this morning.  Don't worry, I hadn't been up all night but I awoke with a start and remembered one final thing I'd forgotten to arrange.

My period started, as predicted, on Saturday but after midday. So my official cycle day one was Sunday. Tomorrow morning (day three) I go for my scan and all being well start the injections.

One day in and everything seems to be going swimmingly, let's hope the same can be said for the husband's sperm. 



14 comments:

  1. Happy 6 week sabbatical - fingers crossed that this does the trick :) I'll be following your journey and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just thought of you this morning and wondered where you were in all of this- good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conscientious lass, aren't you? Where was the temptation to get up at 5:30pm on Friday and shout 'that's it! You're on your own!' before sprinting from the building, shrieking with glee?

    Good luck, good luck, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the sabbatical and the cycle start!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the timing seems to be quite nice...I hope the rest of the next 6 weeks go just as smoothly....Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for 6 weeks off, I hope at least some of it is relaxing for you. Keeping everything crossed xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be at the beginning of a long sabbatical - best of luck with this cycle for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to be right - I believe that I said that the thing to go wrong with your sabbatical would be that you would still be working. ;) Mission accomplished, now on to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!!! Come on womb - do your thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah! Go and have a massage and have the last vestiges of work dissolved away. We should do summat daytime one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hoping the dreams come true

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the next 6 weeks go just as planned. Lots of positive thoughts for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. May it ALL swim, sperm and cycle alike.

    Fingers crossed. Toes crossed. Everything crossed.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!