Saturday, 10 September 2011

Summer - not lovin'

It is nothing personal, you understand, this lack of blogging.  Rather it is indicative of the kind of summer I've had.

I've known for years that this summer was going to be work-heavy - big, big changes at work. Whilst I had hoped at some point to be cushioned from it by maternity leave, or at least part-time working, that hasn't happened and suddenly it is upon us. Whilst I can work as hard as the best of them what I am finding tough is how responsible I feel about everything. Which means even when I'm not working I'm waking up sweaty-palmed thinking about something that needs to be sorted, a question that needs to be asked, something that no one seems to have thought about.

And everyone is fraught. I've lost count of the number of people who have indignantly shouted at me that they haven't had a holiday this summer. Rather than respond with "Really? My summer holiday was two days off for an operation," I've had to sympathise and cajole them to still do what I want.

On the plus side there is an end in sight. The work and the stress hinges on the first week in October. After which things will have worked, or not, but at least the worst of it will be over.

It has to be.

The first week in October is also when I hope to start IVF round three.  I say hope because I have yet to receive the biopsy results. The reason I want it to start then is because the start needs to coincide with the end of a pill packet so either I start on the 5 of October or 26th of October.

Workwise the latter would make more sense. However, I feel I've waited long enough so I'm gunning for the former.

I. Just. Need. My. Biopsy. Results.

I am painfully aware that this summer, as well as stealing my free time, has obliterated my sense of humour.  I will endeavour to ensure the next post is a happier to remind you why you bother to read this drivel in the first place.



7 comments:

  1. Hey nobody can be hilarious all the time. It's just nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! Are you going to have to start calling them again to get your results?

    Hope your work project goes smoothly...and that you get done early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have missed something as I thought you were taking a sabbatical?

    Sorry to hear you are working so hard - it is a bummer, especially when it would be nice to be able to kick back for a bit and relax during the next round of IVF.

    Roll on October - and your biopsy results - hope they come back just as you want them so you can move onto your next round.

    Also, how is your sis getting on with her round?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems this summer was work crazy with every one...I hope things calm down enough for you to move ahead and the biopsy results come in super soon so you can start to get things scheduled!!!

    You were missed, glad to hear an update....take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, there's nothing worse than finding out you're going to have to sit out another cycle. Especially when it's due to just waiting for results! I hope they come in this week so you can start making plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worked 36 days straight on a properly intense project last year ... it was a make-or-break situation and sounds a little like yours.
    Funnily enough, it kept my mind off things. But I guess you're sorta past that. I hope you get to make this round.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'd be reading whether you were funny or not, of that you don't have to worry

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!