Tuesday, 16 August 2011

I've Got A Date

After assurances from my Doctors secretary that I was "on the list" (yeah, no doubt sweetheart, I know what kind of list you are referring to, we have one of those in our office too) I heard nothing more about a possible appointment.

It has only been ten days since I knew that I hadn't been forgotten about.  But it has felt like weeks. I was starting to get despondent again as I saw my window of opportunity for IVF in October/November being slammed down on my fingers.

I started to get desperate.

By desperate I mean emptying my piggy bank and working out the cost of going private for the biopsy plus the cost of the IVF minus a months wages when I take unpaid leave. Much as I like the colour red it isn't a pretty equation.

I'd taken K's advice and, just casually, asked my consultant's secretary if I could be on the waiting list for cancellations.

I got a call today. There has been a cancellation.

My biopsy is now scheduled for next week.

So now all I need is the biopsy to be all clear, IVF number three to happen, get a healthy embryo, freeze some spares, get pregnant, have a baby next summer, spend the summer breast-feeding whilst watching the Olympics, find a decent nursery, go back to work, have a frozen embryo transfer, get pregnant again, have baby number two, find a decent primary school, ensure both children have a happy and safe childhood and become nice, non-looting, teenagers.

Piece o' piss. I feel like I've done the hard work already*.



* I know, I know, I haven't. But give me a moment of triumph before the hard work starts again.



23 comments:

  1. Yay!! You know what makes me feel immediatly less stressed? A PLAN. Plans don't always work out, I totally get that, but damn it I'd still rather have one then float out in the endless space of wondering; what will happen next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the idea of watching Olympics with a baby at home next summer. I hope I will be there with you. My August cycle is turning into a Sept/Oct cycle do to some uncooperative estrogen. Here's hoping everything falls into place for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, lets try that again...
    Awesome- so you won't be spending Christmas under the knife after all! I can't stop laughing about your "so now all I need is....." sentence- maybe thinking like a fertile is the step I've been missing all along. I'll wait and see how it turns out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some hard earned good luck for you at last - thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!

    Must remember that. Cancellations list. Good tip.

    Oh, Lor', next week? Not enough time to get a good panic on. Is that good or bad? Won't cross fingers. Instead, I salute you. There.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! So glad you got a cancellation appointment :)

    I'm loving the planned schedule I think i'll steal it and follow it too - I am starting to look forward to end of Sept when we will start gearing up for IVF in Oct!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent plan all round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!! So happy you got a date and things can get moving....keeping my fingers crossed you get good news after the biopsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay how wonderful that you can get moving. Keeping everything crossed that the biopsy comes back all clear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to hear you're planning on raising non-looting teenagers. I don't think that's on the long range radar of parents these days, and it obviously should be.

    Hurray for the cancellation list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurrah!

    I am so so rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news! BTW it is considered "amazing parenting skill" to raise a child who will not ever loot anything, so my hat down to you!
    Good luck with it all and your brilliant plans !

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH THANK HEAVEN, it's happening. See, it didn't occur to me to ask for a cancellation. Duh.


    Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, great news. Let's deffo stick to that plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I like your plan. I guess I have a similar one in my own head.

    ReplyDelete
  17. :) Congrats. Have a blessed week/end!!! :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. A new face to your blog - I'm just catching up on everything but so very glad to hear you got a cancellation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thinking of you, hope the hysteroscopy gives you the go-ahead and your plans can keep going forward, Wig xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you this week. Congrats on the cancellation! Everyone deserves a break like that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!