Monday, 9 May 2011

Top and Tailed

I've had a day of orifice inspections.

First thing today I went to the dentist.  I confirmed, for the ninth time since starting trying to conceive, that I was not pregnant. (One very early blog post, here, was about that very same subject - then it was only the third appointment.)

You will be delighted to know that my pearly whites received a clean bill of health. See, you American readers, not all Brits have bad teeth.  We are of course all related to the Queen, say "Gosh" a lot and are usually dressed in a sharp Harris tweed suit but the teeth thing? I spit on that national stereotype.

Post-dentist it was a matter of a brisk cycle ride across Zone One, when I was only sworn at by one cabbie, and again I found myself reclining on a medical couch and parting my lips for a thorough inspection.  This time of the downstairs variety.

My womb lining is lovely and thin (a phrase that, after the kerfuffle I've had with my womb lining over the years, never fails to fill me with delight). And with just minimal prodding of my stomach to move my bowel (the low-fibre thing didn't work), I was declared cyst free.

Which means, my little amigos, the IVF is going ahead.  I've scans booked for next week and the tentative date for egg collection is two weeks today.



20 comments:

  1. great news, and a relief that the lining is behaving.

    G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    Interesting that the phrase "thin womb lining" automatically fills me with dread... Until I read the rest of the post and remember it's me, not you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you, not me. Sorry, I've been drinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear everything is moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both ends, eh? Glad that both checked out okay and that's great news about moving forward with the IVF (especially great news about the lovely lining).

    Ah, the teeth thing. I agree. Also, I've seen some Americans with really bad teeth (though, Mr. D does think that we have some kind of Stepford thing going on as regards teeth-straightening).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a good inspection on both ends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with this cycle!!! I'm excited that you're underway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me laugh!

    Although, I am skeptical about your good teeth because my theory is that it's not the people with bad teeth, it's a country full of bad dentists. :)

    Glad to hear that all systems are go...

    ReplyDelete
  9. (FYI, my dad is of Irish ancestry (also known for bad teeth) and had lost all of his before getting out of his twenties, so I'm feeling pretty lucky to still have all of my teeth at 41.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! "Downstairs variety" about had me spraying my laptop with ice cream!

    Good luck on your IVF! Hoping this one does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am awarding you the "The Versatile Blogger Award" :) Do check out my link http://ivfsingapore.blogspot.com/ for more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up...again. I can't seem to make it here as fast as you can blog! At any rate, I am wishing you well for this cycle and keeping my fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed!

    And now I need to call my dentist. Thanks for the reminder. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad everything is well- looks like it's all going to plan at this stage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic. X

    ReplyDelete
  15. All good news, fantastic!

    And more great writing (I think you are a bit related to the Queen aren't you?).

    love vick x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three cheers, HRH Womb, all decked out in tweed and headscarf with stirrups on it, for the lovely gnashers and lining! YAY.

    Onward!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful that your lining is behaving and IVF2.0 is full steam ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you're moving forward - and that your lining AND teeth got good reports today.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!