Friday, 6 May 2011

Just a tingle

This time last IVF I had written four posts on the subject.
Honestly, the shit you guys have to put up with/ read.

Echoing my lack of enthusiasm for this IVF I've written nowt, 'til now. But, so far, I have:
  • Quietly updated my 'What the IVF' timeline
  • Finished the pill
  • Waxed myself to within an inch of my pubes (It still amuses me to rush into the sitting room, pull my trousers and pants down and shout "Hitler Impression!" at my poor, long-suffering husband - although I do manage to restrain myself when in company. See, I know how to keep the sexy in a relationship ...)
  • Restarted the injections - And I know what you are all itching to type, because everyone that I have told that I have started injecting myself  has sniggered "Did you use the right needles?" Yes, I fucking did.  Honestly! 59 injections last IVF. 59 - and just four were with the wrong sized needles. But what is it you all remember?
  • Started my period
  • Got booked in for the check-there-aren't-any-cysts scan on Monday.
Actually, now I'm starting to get just a tingle of excitement again ...



24 comments:

  1. You make me laugh so hard I think I peed a little in my pants!!!! Hitler impression...I'm still laughing my ass off at that one!!!

    But wishing you the best of luck with this cycle. I'm glad you're getting at least a tingle of excitement as you move forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just too amused to even come up with something to say!!

    You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's do it this time, Liz. Let's get us some babies. My baseline check is on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased you are back on the crazy train!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a nice tingle in your triangle!!! Perfect! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband would be delighted with me rushing into the room and pulling my trousers down, regardless of the state of my pubes.

    Good luck. Won't cross fingers. Crossed them like billy-oh last time and it was all completely pointless and made typing difficult. I think my fingers are borked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I think mine might be too, as crossing my fingers seems to do sod all. So this time I shall cross my arms and glare at the universe until something positive happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *crossing my fingers for you *

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bahahahaha...Hitler Impression!!! I can't even comment on the rest, still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much luck.

    You do know how to keep the sexy in a relationship...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  13. funny how that excitement creeps in huh? I hope it stays and wards off any other (ill) feelings!!! Much luck to you guys...xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the waxing-hitler fun and games! Are you sure the tingle is excitement about the IVF cycle or a reaction to the waxing? ;)

    Wishing you great success this IVF cycle! For both you and your wombmate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the hitler impression had me snorting gatorade all over the keyboard. Thrilled that you're on your way again, sending so much positivity your way.

    I got sick to death of words with friends showing me an advert after every move (there is no paid version yet on android) will re-install it this week for some distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No words of wit today, not even about Prince Wills. Just sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. Good luck and keep smiling, especially during the Hitler impression.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you the very best! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good on you! Fingers crossed, double.

    (Three days have gone by and I am still haunted by the Hitler impression - oh my mind's eye!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha! "Hitler Impression!"

    Your husband is a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you have the tingle. Am killing myself laughing about the Hitler impression. Note to self regarding keeping the sexy alive and kicking...

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!