Thursday, 26 May 2011

Fertilisation Report: IVF #2

The embryologist was supposed to call before 2pm today.

He called at 9:30am. Thereby preventing me spending the whole morning compulsively checking my phone and occasionally ringing it from my the landline to double check that it was actually working (and then getting paranoid that my call coincided with the embryologist trying to get
through).

If this made me love him a little bit, then what he had to say made me love him even more.

Out of the 18 eggs retrieved 14 have fertilised!

I am ridiculously pleased.

As a comparison, last time from 19 eggs, 12 fertilised - and that seemed like a high proportion at the time.

It is still early days.

You may remember that last time 10 eggs dropped out of the picture leaving just two left to implant and none to freeze. Also my Doctor has, repeatedly, warned that the "coasting" whilst I waited for my oestrogen to drop can impact the quality of the eggs.

The embroylogist said it was too early to comment on quality - or a date for the transfer - he'll call me tomorrow with some more answers.

But this is about as good of a start as I could hope to get.

I'm getting eggcited now.

Egg-cited.

Geddit?!

Hullo?


28 comments:

  1. You have every right to be egg-cited!! You are too darn cute, awesome job eggies and sperm, great report!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I geddit! And hooray! 14 little W4I+MrW4I. An eggcellent number.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pleased for you! Fingers crossed you get to blastocyst and that you have some leftover to freeze too.

    Has the never ending white period begun?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 14! Wheeeeeeeee! Out of 18! Double-wheeeeeeeeeeee!

    Not crossing fingers this time. Instead, am hunting for four-leaved clover. See if that works any better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome numbers. Congratulations! You are right to be delighted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a good embryologist. Hopefully he's an embryo whisperer too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an excellent (not getting sucked into the egg puns!) and delightful result, and I am holding out tons of hope that this will be the amazing cycle wherein things go only up from here. That is, not in the sense that you end up with 28 embryos, but in the sense that things become increasingly positive all the way to the part where you take home healthy twins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! you're hillarious
    1 Congrats on your rock star collection of fertilised eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am receiving you loud and clear, I geddit and agree: VERY EGG-CITING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! That is indeed a great fertilization report! (It's the same % fertilization that I had and I was totally over the moon about it because it way exceeded my expectations.) Here's hoping the auspicious start continues apace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so wonderful!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of healthy embies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! That is a fantastic report!!! Wishing you the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Egg-cellent! (I will totally get sucked into the egg puns!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really excited for you. Good news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Crossing fingers and any other charms I can think of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap! Great numbers! Fingers all crossed for you, babe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn, Rebecca beat me to it with the eggcellent pun. Great news Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a fantastic report and so nice of him to call so early.

    ReplyDelete
  19. With a fert report like that, I'd egg-spect you to be egg-cited and egg-static!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm nit clever enough to come up with an egg pun, but WOOHOO!!! I hope those embies grow grow grow!!!! Praying for goos news tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So, what was today's report then? Transferring tomorrow or Monday? Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's good news. Hoping that they ALL grow strong!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!