Having had one embryo transfer today and (it is still looking highly likely) another tomorrow I have a great opportunity to take some learnings for today to ensure tomorrow's transfer is just perfect.
- Remember that if your appointment is at 12:30 you might not have the transfer until 14:03
- If you diligently consume 2lts of water in preparation for a punctual appointment you will be in severe danger of weeing on the doctors' hand (I didn't ... just.)
- They don't give you a take home pic of your embryo, so snap one on your phone. (I didn't, but will tomorrow).
- Don't wear socks with holes in them. It just looks slovenly.
- Maybe talc my clammy hands before going in. I spent the whole procedure clutching the husband's hand, by the end he had those wrinkly fingers you get from spending too long in the bath. My sister doesn't call me Golum for nothing.
- Take your iPhone with you into the ET room otherwise that 20 minutes of full bladder waiting post-transfer will be utter hell (compared to the 20 mins between 14:05 and 14:25 today the two week wait will be a piece of piss, which incidentally was all I could think about for those 20 mins).
- Enjoy it. This could be the start of something very, very beautiful.