Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Bloody Hell

Do you remember the days when I could never speak to anyone in my clinic? When I was ill-informed, ill-prepared and frustrated? When I felt like no one knew me, or was interested in the idiosyncrasies of my womb?

Those days are long gone.

Now I am getting daily phone calls tweaking my dose down by half a vial one day, back up by half the next.  I am being called in for daily blood tests with the nurse phoning through with my results that afternoon, usually with an apologetic "and, I'm afraid, you'll have to come in tomorrow morning for
another blood test."

My arms have track marks a seasoned junkie would be proud of.

Luckily, as the nurse exclaimed in delight when she took my last sample, I have good blood, it is a really healthy colour. (Which is a little disappointing as I always thought I had blue blood.) So I reckon I can stand a few vials being nicked here and there.

And I love it.

I had doubts prior to IVF that I would be able to remember the complex cocktail of ever changing drugs.  I worried that due to Polycystic Ovaries I was at risk of Ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome, but that this would be missed amongst the plethora of other women they were treating.

Any doubts and fears have been eradicated by their stalkerish behaviour.

This afternoon's call told me that when I come in for tomorrow's scan and blood test I will also be picking up some growth hormones.  Which is great, because I've always wanted to be a little bit taller.

I have been forced to reach one of two conclusions either A) I am being spectacularly well looked after and will be for the duration of this IVF, or B) my clinic is a front organisation for a shed load of vampires.



13 comments:

  1. Good to know they are keeping tabs on you and those follicles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want to know what vampires would do with e2 levels of well over 1,000 and FSH levels of lord-only-knows. But I swear to god, if those vampires get pregnant before I do, I will HUNT THEM DOWN!

    (I'm voting for well looked-after, of course. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the actually the same clinic, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are keeping their beady little eyes on you because you have figured out their system! Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha... Vampires! No wonder they are so keen to see you everyday- you must have nice tasty blood :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeez, the title of your post gave me a scare - please don't do that!

    Glad to hear that you're feeling well looked after, and that it's more like needle heaven...

    Question - what are the growth hormones all about?

    G x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a bit creepy when they're suddenly all over you. So, yes, B. It's the only reasonable explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm hoping it is not B, but you never know...

    BTW, thanks for the link in your comment, I had already found it after Twangy's hint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you are being well looked after. Should you discover any vampires, I'll unleash my werewolves, unless they look like Edward. Then I'll have to move to your clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They figure if they keep stalker-calling you it'll keep you from reverting to stalker-calling them....;)
    I'm so excited for you guys! You're deep in the throes of IVF! It's just too exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Were you unaware of the black pudding factory just down the road from the clinic, then?
    Am so pleased that it seems to be going well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! Rooting for you and your ovaries :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like they have kept a very close eye on things. I'm glad - it means you're in good hands (even if they are slightly stalkerish hands).

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!