Friday, 14 January 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes

Oh, you are all very good.  Those of you who told me to keep pestering that is.

Inspired by your comments on the last post I manned up and forwarded Monday's email back to the fertility unit, along with the following message:

Hi 

I haven't had a reply to the email below and I am getting a bit concerned.

I don't have another appointment scheduled. I am not sure what the next step is.

I have made an appointment with my GP for Monday to hopefully get some more Microgynon as I am about to run out, but I don't know how long I should be taking the pill for. (When really all I want to do is get off the pill and start trying to get pregnant!)

Please can you let me know what is happening next?

Thanks

Liz


See what I did? I kept it short. I noted my concern. And, in what I like to think is a stoke of pure genius (and don't disabuse me of that notion) I tried to personalise it by highlighting the end result - pregnancy.

The response was swift.

And, frankly, brilliant.

My biopsy result is CLEAR.  I am go go go for IVF.

This afternoon has been a frantic kurfuffle of secret phone calls, checking emails and even a client meeting that just so happened to take me on a detour past the hospital to pick up forms for some more blood tests.

What's that? Oh come on you didn't think I would be going STRAIGHT to IVF. Of course I need more tests, because the ones I had last year when I was 'about to have IVF' have now expired so I have to go again and I need to re-sign all the forms.

I need to have a blood text to check neither the husband or I have contracted HIV in the last 12 months. (I like to think of it as an annual fidelity test for the husband, no better way of checking he hasn't been whoring out, having unprotected sex with the HIV positive).

Also next Wednesday I have to go in for a hysterosalpingo-contrast sonography (I had to google it too), basically a fallopian tube check. Plus a side order of mock embryo transfer.

But, and I don't want to count my eggs before I've ovulated, but it looks like then I'll be good to go for IVF - maybe as early as the end of the month.

Do you know what? It feels like Christmas has come three weeks late.


37 comments:

  1. So excited for you! I can't wait til you start stimming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, yay, yay - fantastic news! And you must be so relieved to get the all clear on the biopsy.

    The HIV test being the annual fideltiy check - love it!

    Is the hystero thingy the same as HSG? Didn't you have one of those before? Oh well, if it gets you closer to an IVF cycle, then so be it.

    This news has really made my day - congratulations to you and you inner stalker on such a successful result!

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went ahead and recontacted the clinic. Glad to hear you got good news too. Here's hoping all goes well..the HSG(fallopian tube test) isn't terrible as long as you don't have any sort of blockage. I'll be thinking of you...hope you're a go for the end of this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woaghh! Mega awesome. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Persistence pays off! Hurray for you! Wait - was that the end of this month??? Great news and I hope things go very smoothly! You mean, you could be pregnant next month?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Bring on your 2011 new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having my 3rd glass of wine of 2011 to celebrate for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fantastic! That's made my day! Especially the bit about the biopsy being clear. I'm so relieved for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME! So glad you are a go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome! I'm so glad that you are CLEAR and that you can start making forward progress. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hell yeahs! that is just FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All clear is wonderful news. And at least Christmas arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear that being a pest is what works. I'm good at that and will pull that trick out of my hat when the time calls for it. Hopefully your future posts will be the positive progression to your IVF cycle and no more floundering around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! Aren't you glad you were persistent?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. G"s friend again.. brilliant news!!!!!!!!!! well done for getting the tone and the need just right!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES!!!! get those tests done and get a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so needed to read some good news today and this has given me goosebumps.
    Soooo happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You clever, clever, beautifully tenacious woman you.
    This is the most amazing news.
    I am SO incredibly happy for you.
    IVF systems are GO. Hoorah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news! Finally!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh fantastic news! Action stations at last!
    Go - go!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! So pleased you have the green light for IVF!! Good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good for you! Finally a next step that is concrete. Amazing that they probably had those results sitting around but did not share them with you until pestered.

    Good luck, it's a lot to get done, but just keep crossing off the list and you'll be at the end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. IVF by the end of the month??? That is fantastic news! Must have been your brilliant and very tactful email. I just know there's a good batch of eggs waiting on stand-by as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job and Huzzah!! I hope this phase is swift as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hot diggity. This is the kind of post I've been hoping for, for a very long time (not nearly as long as you've been waiting to write it, though, clearly). This is wonderful. Strange how life works. It moves so slowly for the longest time, and then all of a sudden the engines warm up and you're off. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks a lot!!!!
    For me is always been a challenge to test the website on different browsers with different platforms, but this list of links made it all easy….
    NIce post
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Liz, I am so pleased for you. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG!! You got GOOD news!!! I don't even know how to process this. It's just too exciting! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay, this is wonderful news! The clear biopsy, I mean. Not the paperwork. Lovely that it all expires so quickly....
    Fingers crossed, and hoping that 2011 is your year!

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh congratulations Liz, what fantastic news, I'm so glad it was all clear.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!