Monday, 3 January 2011

Getting Profound

You may have noticed that I haven't started the year with a post of my New Year's resolutions.  I figure you can all guess what I want out of this year.

That's right, I want to lose weight.

Preferably about 7 pounds. All in one go. In approximately 10 months time. After having spent the previous 9 months steadily gaining a huge belly.

So instead, inspired by the inane tweets of some of the fertility coaches on Twitter, I have come up with some new maxims to help you through the days of 2011.
  • Hell hath no fury like a woman on fertility drugs.
  • The best things in life cost thousands in fertility treatments.
  • If at first you don't succeed, consult your Doctor.
  • A problem shared is a problem gossiped about.
  • There is such a word as can't.
  • You can choose your friends but not your family, unless you decide to go down the donor/ adoption route.
  • Two's company, three's a dream.
  • Don't put all your eggs in one petri dish.
  • Good things come to those that wait, but will be an awful lot quicker if you seek medical intervention.
No need to thank me.


10 comments:

  1. You know, sadly enough, it took me a while to work out what you were talking about. And I've only had one sip of wine. Oh dear.
    Like the first one most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss. I'm hoping it happens for you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good list. And I think you're right about hell having no fury... I'm telling my husband to batten down the hatches.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!