Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Operation Mojo: Day 2: Drag Queens

There are few things more likely to raise my spirits than man in a frock and disco tunes.

Unfortunately the husband refuses to indulge this passion other than the day we wed, when he wore a skirt and we danced with, almost, gay abandon to Donna Summer. (Alright so technically he wore a kilt, but my point stands, since that day he has been fully trousered).

Tonight I went to see the stage show of 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert'. Buff men in skimpy, sequined numbers belting out mojo-lifting tunes such as "I Will Survive" and "Someone Left The Cake Out in The Rain," (I'm sure there is a metaphor in there somewhere).

And what better way to end the show than with a rousing chorus of "Finally It Has Happened To Me"?

It is my new mantra.

I've been singing it all the way home, which has the added benefit of ensuring I got a double seat to myself on the bus.

Mojo rating: 8 out of 10.

(Down two points because I am STILL waiting for my biopsy results, it'll be a month tomorrow since they took the bloody sample).


9 comments:

  1. Now that's more like it! I am singing too now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You are hilarious. Looking forward to reading about your continuing Mojo quest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Love that movie. one of my all time favorites. I cove to rock out to the soundtrack. :) As soon as you said "man in a frock" I started thinking "a cock in a frock on a rock.". So jealous that there is a stage show now!! I have to find it if it comes over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely a spirit-lifter! Hope your results come in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you think she'd crumble? Do you think she'd lay down and die? Oh no, not WFI!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that sounds like a great idea!
    Sorry for the result delay though. It could almost be funny -- almost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much more fun than stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drag Queens make the world go 'round. Glad that the mojometer is inching up.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!