Saturday, 27 November 2010

I wouldn't bother if I was you

Infertility is a lot of things; painful, distressing, unfair.

For me, just now, it is mainly boring.

The whole year has lurched from waiting for appointments, to waiting for tests, and more tests, and delays, to waiting for the coil to be put in, to waiting three months for the coil to work, and waiting for the coil to be removed. Now I am STILL waiting for the results of the last biopsy, three and a half weeks after it was performed and a week and a half after I was due to have it.

I am fed up of preceding every sentence with, "If the results are ok ..."

I can't think of a single witticism or funny anecdote. Because nothing is happening, I am in limbo.

I even tried to write a post of twenty six words starting in alphabetical order, I was that bored. (I only got a far as "A Biopsy Can Determine Everything..." before I got bored of that too.)

Hmpf. Has anyone seen my mojo?


12 comments:

  1. Sorry things are in limbo right now. I loathe limbo. I can understand your distress. I hope get moving in some direction soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting stinks. How about a new hobby to pass the time--say, crocheting cute little animals? Hope you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw your mojo. It seems to have met mine and taken off for a long vacation in the Caribbean...

    ReplyDelete
  4. you might have gotten board, but I would have been stumped because of my un-creativity! It's always hurry up and wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IVF is all about waiting. I suck at waiting. Sorry you're stuck in another damn wait. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo to boring frustrating waits and condolences on the AWOL mojo. Would, an I could, go shout at biopsy result delayers for you. I would shout very rude things at them indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. I know the feeling. Waiting is so maddening. What is WRONG with those lab people? ARHHHHRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG! For feck's sake!

    Standing by, also ready to shout rude things. Or possibly a curse or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right, where are they, let me at them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear. All that waiting sucks. Hang in there (sorry, that's all I have to offer...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was some movie a year or two ago (Click I think, but I'm too lazy to Google it) where the main character has a remote control. Wouldn't that be wonderful? We could pause and enjoy the good stuff and fast forward through the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lack of momentum is the worst thing about this $hit, and I'm not surprised you're fed up with it. Not knowing is more than being unable to plan for procedures, transfer dates, and so forth. It means not being able to prepare your heart and mind for them, either.

    I hate limbo. And I feel like I have also been spending a fair amount of time here, too. Time to bust out of this joint.

    (And if you had succeeded in that alphabetical post, I think I would have thrown in the towel on my blogging career completely, and dedicated myself to erecting monuments in your honor.)

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!