Wednesday, 13 October 2010

I Am Not A Single Young Man Writing From My Mother's Basement - FACT

My day was totally made today when I discovered that this blog had been name checked in The Independent's* list of top ten blogs written by folk who were neither pimply, single, or cauliflower-nosed. (It is a well defined demographic).

The full article is here.

My fifteen minutes of fame is here. Ok, so my blog isn't exactly one of the top ten but Handpicked Media (the blogging collective I am part of) is, and they chose to quote one of the lines I was most pleased with from this post.

That is all I wanted to say.

As you were.



*UK national newspaper

Yeah, so I was just in the online version.

In the Gadgets and Tech section.

In a pop up.

But let's not focus on that. National Newspaper, dudes!



16 comments:

  1. Fear not - it will be a Sunday feature on a slow news week (isn't that how your print media works? Because that's how ours does...)

    Congratulations - and what an excellent quote to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!! I don't care if it's online or not. You made the national news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a credit that's long overdue to you lady - congratulations and well done! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray, spotty basement kid, that is, I mean, WFI!
    Congratulations. Fame, at last.. can fortune be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're totally famous! And yes, that is a brilliant quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well deserved and totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fan-bloody-tastic Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright! I'm glad to see that shout out.

    (But I think there's a spotty young man who lives in his parents basement somewhere inside all of us...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I knew you'd hit the big time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be chuffed.. and rightly so!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!