Sunday, 31 October 2010

The Coil is in trouble


Double, double coil and trouble
Womb burn, and stomach bubble

Three days ‘til the coil goes
And I’ll see what the biopsy shows
I’m looking for IVF approval
The best outcome for coil removal
For three long months I’ve waited
For an outcome that has kept my breath baited

Double, double coil and trouble
Womb burn, and stomach bubble

Folic acid I must take
To ensure a healthy baby bake
Deny alcohol and puff of smoke
Remove all caffeine, even coke
Organic meat and nuts and grain
For a healthy conception game
Pineapple for implantation
Is the route to celebration

Going on a bit of a Halloween tip here. Even resurrecting a vintage header for the occasion.

Usual apologies to old Bill Shakespeare.

Until Wednesday, my friends, when hopefully I'll come before you uncoiled. But who knows what stunts the NHS will play before then.

Wish me luck!


20 comments:

  1. Luckluckluckluckluck! And love the header. :)

    Hugs,
    lady p (currently dressed up as a chocolate moose)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the best tradition of southern preachers: Coil Devil OUT!

    (Thinking good thoughts for your uncoiling).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee hee!!!! Love the header and love the little rhyme!!!!! Thinking of you and hoping that all goes smoothly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a very good writer! Love it! Wishing you well this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice rewrite and wonderful header!

    Good luck this week...

    Oh, and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny. Everything crossed for the uncoiling. Apart from the obvs, obvsly. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very best of top-quality British luck, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luck, luck, luck LOTS of luck!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I'm impressed! Love the rhyme! Best of luck for a successful uncoiling and IVF approval soon thereafter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much luck! Fingers tightly crossed for IVF approval over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good spell...I hope you were wearing your best witch's garb and were plopping things into your cauldron as you rhymed.
    Thoughts and much digit crossing for you on Wednesday.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the poem and BEST OF LUCK Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant and I'm sure good old Wm would have enjoyed it too! Good luck on wed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh... best of luck! Love the Halloween rhyme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of luck! You're so poetic! I just featured your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post! You're awesome! Wishing you lots of luck and look forward reading the next post from an uncoiled lady!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck tomorrow Liz, hope it all goes without a hitch and really hope your womb lining is how it should be so you get no more delays with your treatment. Vickxxx

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!