Friday, 12 March 2010

You Are What You Eat

Do you remember me boasting about my fantastic diet? How I consume virtuous green vegetables and bowel-moving whole-grains by the bushel full?

Its not always like that, one day last week through a mixture of circumstances and sloth, my entire day's calorie intake was made up of (in this order):
  • 1 grab-bag packet of Doritos (Cool)
  • 1 small bowl of tepid French onion soup (no crutons)
  • 1 small packet of lightly salted kettle chips
  • 1 double decker
I had two choices, beat myself up for turning my temple of a body into a brothel, or post rationalise. And Ladies, I have found an excellent excuse should my diet turn to shit again.









6 comments:

  1. Oh well - just think how happy your body will be when you don't repeat today's food choices! I say every once in a while - eat whatever comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then one day last week I was a banana cream donut. And a plain donut. I have found that I eat more unhealthy stuff since taking my job at the hospital. (Irony?) Companies are always bringing in donuts and sugary bagels with the hopes of wooing us to use their services. Some days I resist, many I do not. And yesterday I had a cup of half-caff coffee. Tsk, tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent excuse in my book. Now excuse me while I drink my coffee and possible eat half a bagel =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days you've just got to forget about eating healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum, this is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I think too much fibre can't be a good thing at any time:) Sometimes a body just needs a break. Besides, there must be nutritional points involved in no cruton on the soup. And was there greenery on the double decker? There's a vegetable right there...

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!