Tuesday, 8 December 2009

And closer ...

During my mid twenties I delayed a cervical smear test for about a year because I couldn't bear the idea of anyone burrowing a machine in my tunnel of love. And when I finally made the appointment I was quite clear that I wanted a woman to perform this intimate investigation.

Nowadays I am completely blasé about medical professionals chucking one up me.

Blasé to the point when I was pleased that it was the handsome male Doctor rooting around for my ovaries, rather than last time's sour-faced scanner.

He too had trouble locating my left ovary but, unlike the afore mentioned, didn't berate me for my healthy diet or push a little too viciously on my bladder.

As it stands my right ovary has managed to grow one follicle measuring 16mm (around 20mm is what we are looking for), my left ovary is truly sulky and refusing to oblige me with anything. But as Eunice said when she looked at the results "it only takes one" (yeah, but I bet she wouldn't say that to the husband).

Anyway there is clearly still a few days growth left so I will return on Thursday morning for either the IUI or a trigger shot so they can squeeze in the IUI on Friday.

I presume it goes without saying, that I really, really hope it works this time ...



16 comments:

  1. Everything crossed.

    Nice snowman.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing those follicles to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh GOD, me too, luv. Me too.
    Work, work, work! Go, go, go, little 16mm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on your comment on my blog. I will try to get the hubs to comply.

    I hope your follies continue to grow & the IUI is a success this time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck on this one. Let's hope Eunice is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of luck that this is THE cycle! I too wanted a female gyno when I first started going years ago but now I'm very happy with my slightly hot male latin lova gyno. lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOO many good wishes. Mine were always slow growers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, do I know what you mean! I waited forever to get my annual pap smears because the thought of my naked bottom on the edge of an exam table filled me with dread and embarrassment. And now I don't think twice or care. My, how my perception changed.

    Best of luck with this IUI. You're so close and I hope you get a nice holiday gift before the year closes out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping right along with you. I hope this Christmas Eve brings you the same news it brought me in 2001 and 2003..... http://corymbia.wordpress.com/2008/12/23/christmas-eve/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you best follie growing vibes and keeping everything crossed for you hon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really hope it works this time too.

    I'm not quite there with you on the handsome male doctor, I would still rather the sour-faced person. Still, come February when I finally embark on some treatment (fingers crossed) I may change my mind.

    P.S. I like the snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw your news on LFCA and wanted to drop by and wish you good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck,rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was the same in my twenties - could only tolerate female docs and barely them. Nowadays I couldn't care less who's down there and what they're doing as long as I have the hope of a baby at the end.

    I shall keep you in my thoughts and pray for success for you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I really hope it works this time too.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!