Monday, 19 October 2009

Knocked Up?

I started this two wait wait with almost no hope.

Nothing seemed right. Where as last time I had three plump folicules itching to pop, this time two meagre egg sacks had to be forced to burst early so that I wouldn't peak over the weekend.

It was my teeth that let hope in. A week after the IUI, on Friday, they were gnawing-on-ice-whilst-scratching-blackboards painful. I pride myself on my excellent teeth. This was unusual.

So, just for shits and giggles, I googled it.

Yup, turns out it can be an early pregnancy symptom. I knew it was ridiculous to get my hopes up on such a bizarre symptom so the husband and I invented a game we'd think of a possible symptom couple it with the word "early pregnancy" and see if it appeared on the list, we tried:

Sore stomach
Cramp in foot
Burping
Itchy legs

They all scored.

In fact the only ones that didn't were:

Farting (but then we realised 'gassy' does score)
Body Odour
and
Finding meaning in the lyrics of James Blunt (NB. I don't, but we were scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point).

Having just managed to laugh at myself for becoming one of those 'google every twinge' two-week-waiters I dismissed my hopes and tried to move on. Quickly checking my emails before heading to bed and I saw this from my film club:


And if you can't read that, it says:

Good news! We've just posted the following titles to you, so please look out for them.

Knocked Up


Admittedly I did put this film on my list, but I have loads of films flagged and they send them in a totally random order and this one has been in the pipeline for about a year.

Really trying not to read too much into this.

'Cause that would be just silly.

Wouldn't it?

And no, I won't test early. (I'm actually considering testing late, on Saturday, so I have a day to absorb the result rather than having to go to work immediately).




23 comments:

  1. Perhaps your film club is on to something? I sure hope so! I second the build-in-a-day-to-absorb-the-test-results plan. Good to have time to hopefully celebrate and not turn immediatley to work. Good luck!

    PS. Still haven't figured out exactly what I want to do with the arugula, but now that I know it's also called rocket, I have found loads more options! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of your symptoms are indeed a positive. Good luck! The movie thing is very funny...maybe it will be true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise of you. I couldn't do it myself, of course, being a confirmed test-twice-a-day-starting-7dpo type girl, but.... yes. Very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Saturday plan sounds good I must say, I'm a big fan of the non-workday tests.

    And that film was BAD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we hold hands? Then we can stop each other googling something embarrassingly stupid. Because, OMG, are you due on Friday too? Wow, the stars have aligned again.

    (dear stars pls pls pls pls etc. for at least one of us but both would be infinitely preferable)

    Dammit, I have bitten my nails to the quick again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of you! And I hope that all the baby dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the game! That sounds super fun... but I would agree it's probably time to step away from the computer when James Blunt comes into it.

    I think the day late plan sounds much better. I couldn't deal with work immediately after either way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. premonition via internet movie site? sounds good to me.

    and we have two dog bakeries within close proximity to our house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmm...sounds like a sign to me! Hope, wherever it comes from, is a good thing! FX!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me going there when I saw the title of this post.

    Those are the most bizarre early pregnancy symptoms, but you'd never know. Best of luck for Saturday (or how about Friday night?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That HAS to be a sign. Surely?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't be so bloody selfish. I need to know as soon as possible. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope hope it is a sign. We all love to google out weird signs and symptoms and see if it could be an early PG sign. Good luck! Keeping everything crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is going to take a lot of will power Gracie, but I reckon its the way forward.

    If it is true, Rain Child, I'm going to start adding a whole load of films like Slumdog Millionaire and Brewsters Millions to my film list.

    Glad it has your seal of approval HFF

    WAs it bad? I remembered at the time it got quite good reviews, Xbox, we shall see.

    This time Nuts, the stars, karma and any other deity type owes both of us. Big time.

    Thanks Anon

    Irrationalexuberance, the game is sort of fun but it is also a pretty good indication of how desperate we all get in the latter half of the two week wait.

    Two bakeries?! Megan, I did a quick search and I think there is one in the whole of london a ...career change?

    Bound to be isn't it Lin?

    Jane, I can't believe I had you going. Anyone would think I did it on purpose.

    Why Granine?

    Oh sorry Caroline, I thought this was all about me. Wait a mo, it is.


    Cheers Nic (don't keep your legs crossed)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would be SO COOL if it was right. You are killing me with the testing late. Grrr. Oh well, I guess I can wait. Hope, hope, hope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now those are some signs!

    I'd skip the movie though...definitely not an infertile favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I've got everything crossed for you. It has made walking quite difficult for the past few days, but I'll do whatever helps.
    (A smiley face would ordinarily be inserted here).
    Seriously - your degree of knocked-up-ness has been on my mind a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Liz,
    I'm not speculating at all this time....I'm just going to wait for you to tell us what your test says.

    I'll eat my hat if you can wait till Sat morning to test though. I like Jane G's Fri evening suggestion - you'll never get to sleep otherwise. Your decision though as you need to find the best time GOOD LUCK, love Wig xxxx xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with x, good plan for testing and bad bad film. By the way, don't hassle the Blunt!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you all the luck this time. I believe in signs so I'm hoping this one comes through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lea, I'm killing myself here too!

    Lost in Space, I'll try and watch the movie befroe I test, whilst I still have hope ...

    The pressure! Corymbia, I'm sure you have enough on your plate to distract you, I on the other hand ....

    Hey Wig, I've never seen you wear a hat so that is an empty promise.

    PiB, you sticking up for the Blunt doesn't make me trust your film reviews!

    Ta, Carolyne, I hope the signs are telling me something.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really, really hoping that the film club's choice is a lucky omen...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking for signs just about anywhere.

    I can understand, and have done, that.

    It is almost Saturday here...

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!