Friday, 9 October 2009

Here We Go Again

As I write 95%, of 25 million sperm, are teeming round my womb at a rate of knots (the other 5% are the slackers who have decided that swimming is not for them). I imagine them bashing their heads against my womb lining, some of the more navigationally-challenged are no doubt trying to squeeze back out of the cervix through which they were unceremoniously squirted at 12.03 today.

This hive of activity is, I am sure, a marked contrast to the two eggs that are sharing womb-space with the husband's output. Them, I see, serenely floating around oblivious to the sperm wriggling about their domain.

But soon I hope they will have a shocking wake up call. Soon their peace will be disturbed by some pesky sperm battering around their boarders, clamouring to be the one who is let in.

Hopefully.



21 comments:

  1. TAG! YOU'RE IT! There is an award waiting for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsy. I should have included the fact that my blog is: esperanzasays.wordpress.com! Curses you wordpress/blogger feud!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written... and I hope so too!!!! Good luck :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swim, little spermies, swim! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Built it GPS would be really handy right now. May your hubby's swimmers go for gold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swim fast little guys! Mama's waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great description!! Ha!! I hope that happens to me in a couple days :) Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear WFI's Ova,
    You may have noticed that there are some wiggling visitors in your room right now ... I know they seem annoying at first, but pick a good looking one and invite them over for a coffee and get to know them a lot better. Before long, each of your gorgeous girls will know that these small wriggling fellas are the "one" for you. Don't be coy - just go for it!
    X
    A

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh...hopefully hopefully hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully hopefully hopefully....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cowboys? Xbox, that's a disquieting thought.

    Cheers Kait, thats two awards two days in a row - nice to be appreciated!

    Thank you Wannabe

    Thats a catchy mantra, Al

    Yup Lea

    Jane, I'm not even asking for gold, just for them to do the one thing they were created for!

    She is indeed, Lost in Space

    We'll be hoping together A

    Amanda, i couldn't have put it better myself (or at least I didn't put it better!)

    Thanks Barb

    Indeed May, but with a choice of 25 million I'm sure the second best would suffice.

    Murgdan, Sarah, Hopefully indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have everything crossed for you. (except my legs, us other girls need a fighting chance too!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Luck! I hope with all my heart that this is the one last time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoping that all goes as planned and that one of those little guys finds the prize. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of those millions needs to head but his way in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jumping up and down egging the little buggers on. Don't you do any jumping, just lay there and think of England, K?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keeping everything crossed that this may be the one for you!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!