Saturday, 25 July 2009

The Wagon

Things to avoid when you are trying not to drink alcohol:
  • A belated birthday meal with sisters and fine wines on tap (the sisters weren't on tap, just the fine wine)
  • An all staff meeting followed by canap├ęs, wine and beer ... or, oh, water
  • Karaoke
  • Specifically, Michael-Jackson-tribute-karaoke when you realise that (blasphemous as it is to say in the current climate) you still aren't a Michael Jackson fan even now he is dead and you certainly don't know tunes to any of his songs*
  • Observant, curious, teasing and, oblivious about your situation, friends
  • Having booze in the fridge that taunts you after a day at work during which you tried to catch up on the six days work you've just missed .... Mmmm, cold, fizzy amber nectar
  • A husband who makes no attempt to curb his drinking in sympathy because his swimmers have been given the OK (just OK note, he doesn't really have that much to swagger about)
  • A Friday night takeway cuzza with friends.
Now on a completely unrelated note, anyone want to guess what I have been up to since I got back?

And I've still not touched a drop o'booze since last Saturday. I am preparing my body to become a vessel. I'm getting fed up already.

*except Blame It On The Boogie. I rocked Blame It On The Boogie.



6 comments:

  1. You are a rock. Temptation everywhere. Im over Michael Jackson saturation too. I was not really a fan and the kiddy interferring charges really dug the nail in the coffin so to speak

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean never liked MJ either? I thought it was just me.
    Your hubby needs to curb his drinking in sympathy. There's a lot of benefits husbands can miss out on when they don't show their wives any sympathy. I'm sure you can think of a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. arrrghhh...giving up alcohol is sooooo much harder than giving up caffiene for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perhaps a tiny drop of celebration champagne tomorrow?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck for tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah everyone seemed to forget about the kids didn't they PiB (I know never proven etc etc)

    I have no idea what you might be thinking of Corymbia

    Megan, yeah but not caffien and alcohol, I haven't been able to do that.

    Unfortunately Chelsea, not quite champagne time yet ...

    Ta Nuts

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!