Friday, 22 May 2009

Whatever

Another night, another pregno announcement.

Natch.

Do I care that they weren't even together when we got hitched?

To be honest, not really.

I don't know if it is the booze-anaesthetic or I'm use to it, or what. But I felt almost nothing when she told me. It is totally the whole house buying conversation. Yes, I want a bigger place with a garden but I don't think just because she got the house I can't still have mine. She doesn't by the way, she has a one bed roomed place, but that isn't the point.

It is an analogy.

I'm pished.

And I was pretty fucking fabulous this evening though despite everything. I am considering hiring myself out for anecdote potential alone.

In addition to the pregnancy annoucement I was also, by an unrelated couple, invited to a wedding next year. They are being thoroughly modern about their nuptials. They'll carry on living in their respective towns, living several hours apart until, in their words, "I have a baby".

I will have to slit my wrists if the happy couple give birth before I do.

Considering they are both men.

(Sigh. Watch this space. The race is on).


7 comments:

  1. Heh.

    I get the 'whatever' more and more lately.

    The longer you are at this the more and more that pile up and You just have to almost laugh and let them wash over you.

    Have you found people going the other way, and almost expecting you to have a breakdown when one's announced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing title...I used it myself yesterday. I'm all about the whatever.

    And I so hear you...I ran into the most handsome man-couple and their gorgeous adopted bundle of joy a few weeks ago. Jealous!!! Also so happy for them...but JEALOUS!

    Yes, it only stands to reason they will 'have a baby' before all of us. That is the way the world works now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye corymbia, or should that be Ay Caramba

    I have Xbox, the poor girl last night was really worried when she told me. She was practically reassuring me that she might have a miscarriage which was when I had to put her straight and tell her to stop worrying about me, enjoy it and be happy.

    Murgdan, There is clearly some kind of mind merge going on with the titles. To be fair neither blokes want kids they were just taking the piss. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years ago I'd of walked by without taking a second glance but in recent months (esp since MC) it seems that every sucker is pregnant - I hate that I was the first of my friends to get spliced and now I'm the last to carry a child (to full term anyway).. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now thinking along the lines of hurry up and get on with it, perhaps then we can move on from all the pregnancy announcements. When will it end?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't be surprised if they *did* have babies before us/you as they can always move on to eggs/wombs that work if the first one they try doesn't work. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!