Thursday, 2 April 2009

Empty

The house is quiet.

I can't hear the little pitter-patter of tiny feet.

There is no one relying on me to ensure they are fed and watered.

I'm not typing this whilst a cold, wet nose prods at my arm.

The dog has gone.

But never fear. It is just for a few days whilst we spend the weekend with friends in Istanbul.

I'll be back early next week. Hopefully refreshed, rejuvenated and mint tea'd up to my eye-balls.

And I'm also hoping the little fucker won't remember that he'd just learnt how comfortable our bed is. (Maybe taking a photo rather than telling him off wasn't the wisest way to drive that message home.)

***

In other news, the bad side effects of the coil seem to have completely stopped. But it still appears to be doing a sterling job at emptying out my womb, if the present I found in my undies today is anything to go by.

But it'll be a while before I can stomach redcurrant jelly again.

(The husband just read that and forced me to publish an apology: I'm sorry).


11 comments:

  1. Don't apologize. I am laughing out loud at this!

    I love the candor - trust me, I've been more prone to examine the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom than I ever have in my life. I thank God every time I only see yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may never eat any type of red jelly again either. Thank you. =)

    Glad the side effects are slowing though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hated red current jelly anyway:) Glad the coil is working and you are off on vacation.

    Have fun, Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great vacation!!! Is this the start of your world tour???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww! It's not even 9am and you hit me with a redcurrant jelly reference. No jam on my scone this morning.

    Enjoy Istanbul. Try the apple tea too. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the coil is working and that the bad side effects are dissapearing for you.

    Enjoy Istanbul, it's my favourite city in the whole world, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that actual jam or jelly, I'm trying to chose a dessert, so it's kind of urgent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Leslie, the depths we sink to eh?

    Sarah, think of it as an effective way to cut the crap out of a diet!

    Thanks Mary, it was good to get away.

    Bottoms Off, unfortunately short lived world tour - though did manage Europe and Asia.

    Sorry Jane, let that be a lesson to you not to check my blog on an empty stomach. The apple tea was awesome.

    Serendipity, I think Istanbul is now up there for me too - hope the pictures reawaken some happy memories.

    Xbox, neither will ever be the same for me again.

    Ta PiB

    BFN, until the end of July - four months give or take.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mirenas do a good job!
    ...and red currant jelly is so gross anyway..

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!