Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Respeck ma authority! (uh-thawr-i-tayh)

Right now in Nu Yoik, Nu Yoik (so good they named it twice) there is a bunch of people sipping Bellinis and nibbling breakfast to celebrate the launch of a new website.

It's like the dot com boom all over again.

This website is designed for us. For people who, having decided to get pregnant, are realising that it is far harder than their biology teacher would have them believe. It is not a general site full of baby tickers and trauma's about what colour to paint the nursery with a little sideline for the outcast barren sisters. It is dedicated to people who are not getting pregnant the first, second, third, fourth ... (you get the idea) cycle.

It's called Fertility Authority (when you click through, if you are in a public place might be worth turning the sound down - there a video shouting about how hard it is to get pregnant).

OK, OK, I'll 'fess up. I'm not completely unbiased.

They have exceptional taste.

They asked me to guest blog. Along with Murgdan (of Conceive This! fame, who I know an awful lot of you read), and Brenda from No Regrets, as well as Marie Lee (Green Fertility - have a baby AND save the planet), the Barren, Not Beaten Pamela and for all those who need a little financial assistance, the savvy consumer Angie.

So anyway, if you have a few minutes pop over, have a look at my page, let me know what you think. (oh and if you could leave a comment and make me look popular that'd be brilliant).

So now you know why I wrote the other day that I might not just be blogging about infertility here, 'cause there is only so much I can write about not being pregnant - especially whilst I am on an enforced 6 month break - and I'm sort of obliged to stick to that topic over there. Here things might change a bit but this remains my home - I'm just lodging over there for a little while.

Oh, and by the way, my name is Liz.


17 comments:

  1. I don't seem to be able to access that from here. Will have a peek when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't access it from work:( I'll take a peek when I get home. That is so great that they asked you to write for them! What an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz. It's good to know your name! Congrats on the guest blogging. I'll be going over to check it out shortly.

    P.S. I love Cartman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know what you think Jane, if you have time and aren't laid up in agony (@ everyone else, because she has hurt her back not because of the content of the site).

    I see a pattern here Mary. And yeah, once I checked it wasn't a hoax it was very flattering to be asked.

    Cheers Lea, Cartman does rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz...

    I knew you were posh, but are we talking Windsor posh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a little lookie-great post. I'll have a better look when I have more time.

    Liz aye. Never would have guessed it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohhhhh...Liz. You're announcement is SOOO way cooler than mine. Nice....(and FINALLY, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so exciting. I'm off to have a look at it........

    ReplyDelete
  9. had a look - as always, love your writing. Awesome and Funny :)
    (and I left a comment but it came out as "anonymous").

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers PiB, I have no idea what your name is, nope can't even guess.

    Murgdan, I saw your post before I saw your comment and thought, oh no that's much better and more informative that what I wrote - so I gues we are even! And yes, finally.

    Thanks SecretD, it gives me something else to do at any rate.

    Ta Amanda, I'm not quite sure what is going on with a comments as a couple of people told me they had written ones but they haven't appeared - but thanks for doing it anyway. I very much appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had a look now, but I still can't leave a comment. Great post, I could identify with all of those changes. Especially the clothes buying one. I have a whole section of my wardrobe full of roomy tops and wrap dresses - potential maternity gear in other words.

    Congrats on being invited to join the site. I will be popping over regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay Liz! That name is just perfect for the you in my head. :) Now I don't have to call you WFI anymore! :D

    Sounds cool. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for trying Jane.

    I always thought Barb suited you too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Liz, nice to meet you :)sorry for getting back to you so late but couldn't access your Fertility Aut. post from work (congrats on being invited!). I love your writing and can certainly identify with all your feelings. Loved the wriggling away from the wet patch and the roomier clothes. Blogging certainly helped me since nobody else seems to understand our quest for conception.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!