Tuesday, 27 January 2009

Same old, same old

Same old womb lining that is.

I got a call with the biopsy results at lunchtime and they showed no change. Still the Endometrial hyperplasia, still with mild atypia (essentially atypical cells which are pre-cancerous but NOT cancer).

Which isn't really surprising considering it clearly hasn't come out of any orifice that I've been checking and I doubt it is the sort of thing that can be reabsorbed.

So good news is that it hasn't got any worse.

I had a Doctors appointment today anyway, and the results came a couple of hours before and here is the plan.

Tomorrow I get a progesterone coil fitted for 6 months. Yes, for the uninitiated that is birth control.

Once that has been removed along with, hopefully, the gunk that is my womb lining then I will start Interuterine Insemination around July time.

Where have you heard this before? Maybe in August when I thought it would happen in October or when I was hanging on for the February appointment.

You'll excuse me if I don't get all over excited again.

The husband is on a real high, "It's fucking brilliant you don't have cancer." Yeah, I guess it is. But after the initial shock I never really thought I did. Maybe because I just couldn't get my head round the idea.

I just feel deflated, like all the energy has been sucked out of me, I have lots of thoughts and questions spinning round my head and no answers.
  • It isn't even February and I already know there is no way that I will have a kid in 2009.
  • 5mg of progesterone made me feel nauseous, what will a progesterone coil do?
  • My friend who has just announced her pregnancy will have had a child before I can even start to try again
  • Who knew I was so prophetic when I named this blog?



17 comments:

  1. Firstly, the cancer news, that is good. We can't underestimate that.

    But the coil, 6 months, shit.

    I can only start to imagine how deflating, frustrating and a how much of a blow to your enthusiasm that must be.

    I'll save the platitudes for another day, this is really shit and I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit of a mixed bag there.
    Sorry for all the crap parts.
    Sorry I am not more help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy about the no cancer bit, but BLAH on the rest. I'm so sorry for this shit. WTF huh? We can hang out together in the "still trying" column. I have a feeling I'll be your buddy for quite a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, happy and sad all at the same time. I'm happy that you are cancer free, but I would be pissed about the long wait as well. What exactly is the coil for? I've never heard of this before. I'm confused.

    Go have a glass of wine. Or a bottle:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not cancer... Yay!
    6 months to wait... Bah!

    Add them together and divide by two and you get a sort of Meh...

    Any chance of them having a peek before 6 months and pronoucing you good to go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, that really is a hard time to wait. Of course great that the results aren't scarier but what an awful frustrating time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I am very glad about the non-cancer news, but the rest just sucks. I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry. Yes the no cancer is good news and that's great but the wait for at least another 6 months sucks. I'm sorry. The waitig sucks and knowing that 2009 isn't going to be the year sucks too. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your tests were favorable as far as the cancer.

    I'm so sorry about the wait. Maybe plan a fabulous holiday to take your mind off the wait???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really happy about the cancer. Really Happy.
    But being told you have to have a coil fitted is no fun when its the exact opposite of what you want to happen. I'm hoping that the topical progesterone application will mean less nausea.
    As for the extra 6 month wait - that just sucks and I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Xbox.

    PiB, just getting comments helps. There is no quick fix.

    Yup Barb, still very trying.

    Hey Mary. The treatment to get rid of the womb lining is progesterone. The provera didn't work so the coil is a more direct way of getting it into my womb. Hoping this works.

    HFF, Meh sums it up prefectly. I am going to ask when I get the coil if they can check progress.

    Hi Carrie, thank you I do have to keep reminding myself that it could be so much worse.

    Cheers Lea


    Batty, I'm so over 2009 already!


    Actually Megan, a holiday is in the planning stages so yeah that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good and bad news.

    I know how deflated you must be feeling. Six months is a long time (I'm finding it difficult having to wait six months for our next appointment) but fingers crossed that the coil thing will work and you can get going on that IUI.

    You definitely need patience when it comes to IF, and treating IF through the NHS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same as what everyone else said above. I'm so relieved for you re: the whole cancer thing, but the waiting six months part really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad theres no cancer...the rest sucks. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm relieved to hear that it's not cancer, but sorry that the only thing they can come up with to try and improve your lining is the coil.

    The delay must be incredibly frustrating.

    Are you still seeing your acupuncturist?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with your husband - it is fucking brilliant that you don't have cancer. Don't underestimate that!!

    I'm not sure I understand the coil - you have it in for 6 months and then are able to start trying? Is that right?

    I feel like one of the worst parts of this infertility shit is the waiting. Actually, it might be the very worst part. It feels like month after month of waiting.

    Sucks, but so glad that CA is not going to be a part of your life.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!