Monday, 5 January 2009

Gone, but not forgotten

What do the following things have in common?

China's Liu Xiang in the first round of the men's 110m hurdles at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

King Edward VIII of England.

TaB Clear drink.

My period.

Anyone? Anyone? You at the back?

Yes.

False starts.

All of the above arrived with a massive fanfare only to disappear. I certainly rolled out the red carpet for this, my first period in months (well the white pad, expecting it to become red of its own volition - was that too graphic?).

And today? Nothing.

What is going on? Anyone else taken Provera and had this experience?

I feel a bit guilty because the Doc told me to call the nurses on the first day of my period so that they could schedule in a scan. Now I don't know whether to call them and say that it seems to have stopped. Although to be fair they said they'd call me back this afternoon and haven't so maybe by the time they get round to getting in touch it will have raised its ugly, big red head once more.


9 comments:

  1. Sorry your period is not cooperating. I am in the same boat. I got all excited on Sunday thinking...oh boy, here it is...now it has trickled down to nothing...

    sigh.

    Here's hoping your trickle becomes a flow again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate that bitch AF?? I know I do. I hope she starts cooperating soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE AF!! SHE REALLY SUCKS!!!! I've been told by my nurses that Day 1 is the first day of red blood flow - maybe you should consult...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is ever straight forward when it comes to our bodies. Hope your period decides to make a proper show sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would tell them it stopped b/c I've had those false starts before, and it definitely ended up NOT being my period on the first go round. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems to be the norm for me since my miscarriage. I have 2 days of full on bleeding, then it just..... stops. Then a couple of days later, it just..... starts again.

    I hate my body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had to take Provera so I can't give you any advice on that one. Hope it starts to do what it's supposed to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Megan, who'da thought we'd get excited about a period eh?

    Batty,She'd better or I'll, hmmm, don't know take more provera?

    Leslie, I would consult if someone at my hospital would answer the phone. I've left messages though.

    Secret D, It is starting to get later and still nothing...

    Xbox, you disappoint me, I thought you were bound to find something else that they had in common.

    Barb, well I've left them a message, who knows if they have got it.

    S, Sorry to hear that, I haven't had a miscarriage to contend with so thankful for small mercies etc

    Hey Jane, I don't think there is anything I can do except wait. i hate waiting.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!