Sunday, 14 December 2008

2008 - its like sooo last year, already


Just a week and a half of work before the holidays, and it can't come soon enough. It's not the prospect of a hairy, jolly, fat man sneaking around my bedroom in the wee small hours and fiddling around with my stockings that is so appealing (sorry the husband). But it marks the end of a tough year. My own personal annus horribilis.

I know it was only a few weeks ago that I was galavanting naked across Europe and even less time ago that I truffled through 4 course lunches in between siestas. But these breaks are a very distant memory.

But 2008, I am over it. Bring on 2009.

2008 for me will be remembered as the year of tests, of waiting, of confusion, of mixed messages, of jagged tubes, that became a polyps, that became a womb full-to-the-brim of gunk - certainly no place to raise an embryo. A quarter of the year will have been spent topping my my body's progesterone to fool it into thinning out my womb lining for the mother of all periods.

2008 is like all the shit you go through before the fun stuff, the cleaning the room, preparing the walls, washing them down with sugar soap, filling in all the cracks and ensuring that the furniture is covered before the real fun starts.

2009 will be proactive.

2009 is putting the paint on the wall (something bright and cheerful).

2009, has to be better.

I daren't even write what I want to be doing this time next year for fear of jinxing it. But a bit of a clue - it involves my breasts and (once again apologies the husband) there nothing sexual about the fun bag's involvement. Can you guess?

What I have to decide now, is whether this year was really that bad or if this post is a culmination of a double roll-over hangover and the prospect of another Monday morning a mere 10 hours away.

Meh!


16 comments:

  1. I'll drink to that! I hope 2009 brings good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you are looking at that. I do enjoy painting a room cheerful colors.

    Here's hoping next Christmas has you using your breasts in new and exciting ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roll on 09 I hear ya.
    oh and
    like I said to Jane G - if the Jolly fat man doesnt bring us what we want for Christmas we will leave him out semen cookies next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to 2009 being a far better year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lea, yes, good things for all of us.

    Lovecomes first, well I had to relate to womb for improvement somehow.

    PiB, that's a beautiful, beautiful mental image!

    Secret D, glad you agree.

    Jane, I really hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've brought up something that has worried me for a while now.

    I really don't like the number 9.

    It just looks odd. (Yes, I know it is actually odd).

    Not quite a solid ten, and a bit mean sounding.

    Therefore I secretly want to skip 2009, but if you must, you may go ahead and do great things during it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're fucking odd yourself sometimes mate.

    Still if you really are that insistent always remember that if you don't manage it by March you're looking at 2010 anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a remarkably sly way to puncture a hole in my barely beating heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I forget sometimes that this is supposed to be a caring, sharing, supportive community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Screw that, I'd hang ye all for a kid...

    (I wasn't going to say that as it is rather mean, but the word verification showed up with 'scrolous' (screw loose) so I had to)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so with you. Good bye 2008, it's been sucky. Hello 2009, lets have a better year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's hoping that 2009 is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so hope it's better hon. Here's to a good 2009 for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ms. Heathen, it will be yours.

    I'll drink to that Barb. (You know cause I can whilst I'm still on the pills).

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!