Thursday, 4 September 2008

I'm back!


If I could get away with it I'd blame PMT for the miserable post the other day. But we all know that's the one thing I haven't got.

The last time I cried in the street I was 16. Me and two mates necked a bottle of gin mixed with lemonade to provide dutch courage prior to a disco. We were young and we didn't realise that a) gin is a major depressant and b) beer-goggles only work if the guy you fancy is wearing them, not you. The three of us ended up clinging to each other on a bench on the high street bawling our eyes out. We never made the disco and I think it was another two years before I found a boyfriend.

But I digress.

Good news! The Doc has got back to me with a date for the hysteroscopy. It is the 24th of September. The day before my scheduled appointment with the clinical nurses. Which means, dear readers, which means, I can still go to the clinical nurses for some super-ovulating action.

Now technically I'm not sure that the day after removing a polyp is really the time to be prescribed ovulation drugs. But do you know what? The good thing about the disorganised, unjoined-up, flakey NHS, is that ... shhh ... they need never know. Now OBVIOUSLY at the appointment I'll mention I had the hysteroscopy the day before, but I sure as hell ain't gonna pre-warn them in case they decide off their own back to postpone my appointment with the clinical nurse.

So all good. Happy days are here again.



9 comments:

  1. Ok, the gin story....very funny.

    And I'm glad you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need the hole out the arse of your pants days, good to see you back at it though.

    The idea of 'super' ovulation is fascinating, I picture eastern european female weightlifters from the 80s as eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news re: the hysteroscopy date. I would definately keep shtum in advance of the other appointment.

    Love the gin story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you aren't going to have to wait too long for the hysteroscopy appointment.

    Here's hoping that you'll be able to go ahead with the 'super ovulation' shortly afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!

    Glad you didn't have to wait too long for your hysteroscopy appointment.

    Fingers crossed that you can be super ovulated in the same week.

    Things are moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I've done the gin story (with other drinks usually a long island iced tea) before and oh aren't they fun. Hope the removal of the polyp goes well and that you are soon doing all that super ovulation stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see that you are back in good spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sarah, yup back up there!

    Xbox, don't get me involved in your filthy Russian weight-lifters fantasies.

    Yup Jane, Keeping quiet, mum's the word (I hope)

    Thanks Ms Heathen, hoping too.

    Secret D, definitely forward, slow and steady.

    Cheers, Miracles!

    Batty, why don't we learn about booze?

    Deborah, I'm definitely in good spirits. No! Wait a minute didn't you read my post? Spirits are bad!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!