Friday, 4 July 2008

Totally Off Topic

You know when everything seems a bit bleak and meh! and then something happens that makes the world seem a bit sunnier?

In May we had the elections for the next Mayor of London. It was basically a two horse race with the liberal lefties wanting the incumbant Ken Livingston whilst the right wing wanted the Tory golden boy Boris.

A few days before the election this popped up in a little ally that I walk down to get to work:


A couple of weeks later this appeared:

Then I was walking down the alley and a note appeared stuck on the wall saying something along the lines of:

"Dear Mr Graffiti Artist, Please can you do a picture of Clint Eastward"

And today this:

And this:

and between seeing it and going and getting my camera this:


I love it! When you are having a rubbish day and something like this happens the world seems like a friendly, happy place and you can't help but smile. All afternoon.

Mr Ted Womo, graffiti artist, if by any chance you google yourself and come across this blog then, sir, I salute you.




4 comments:

  1. This seriously cool.

    There would be urine stains on the work where I come from.

    ...and Boris' deputy has resigned already....yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting and amazing stuff - did you try to leave a note ?
    Impressive art too.

    LOL Xbox you don't do that do you ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xbox, it is good isn't it? (Both the graffiti and feeling slightly smug and 'I told you so' about the Boris administration - stick to the telly you floppy haired buffoon).

    Baby-A, I didn't leave a note. Although I noticed someone else has now asked for 'Big Daddy' so will see if he comes up with the goods!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!