Sunday, 20 July 2008

A New Resolve


So I'm back from my holiday. It was fantastic, this picture says it all, and is a chance to show off the camera I got for my birthday. It was very English, lots of amazing food (we all enjoy cooking) and excellent company, but this blog isn't about my holiday.

And The Big Push is really starting tomorrow.

So I've had a fantastic break. I drank copious amounts of booze, ate runny cheese, shunned my vitamin supplements, stayed up late, had unprotected sex (though only with the husband, and I still shoved a pillow under my hips afterwards).

And hoped against hope that this flagrant disregard for my well-being, refusal to pee on sticks to find out whether it was business time and utter relaxation would become one of those stories to tell the children. "We'd given up hope of anything happening without medical intervention so just went away on holiday and - bingo - along you came".

I came back from holiday did a quick pregnancy test this morning. Negative but I have no way of knowing just now whether I have ovulated since March or will ovulate tomorrow, whether my cycle will be 30 days or 90. So I don't know if now was the right time to test anyway.

So as from tomorrow here are the rules:
  • Back to the folic acid
  • No caffeine, mint tea all the way
  • Yoga at least once a week
  • Acupuncture
  • No mid-week boozing (come on, I can't give it up all together)
  • And not forgetting ... lots and lots of sex.



6 comments:

  1. the break sounded nice.

    Mmmm real scones.

    The 'clean' lifestyle is a pain in the arse isn't it?

    Do you find the acupuncture beneficial?

    I dunno how you handle the wonky cycles, I really don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good holiday. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Xbox,I'm bored of the clean life style already (had to fool myself with a tonic with out gin after a shitty day at work today). I've had acupuncture a couple of times but years ago so don't know how I'll find it this time round - no doubt I'll blog it.

    Thanks Deborah, back and raring to go (at it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the no caffiene and the idea that I really should give up most if not all sugar that kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just stumbled across your blog and I am so pleased to have found another English person in the IF blogging world! Will definitely be reading more as I can so relate to a lot of what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nurse, the caffeine is the easiest for me as I don't drink coffee and don't count the caffeine in chocolate. But no sugar? What?! No one told me that.

    Secret diary, thanks for dropping by. I tried tp view your blog but looks like its invite only, would like to check it out, if you are Ok with that email me at: womb4improvement@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!