Thursday, 24 July 2008

Clear Private Data Now


We have houseguests. Very old friend from University and his girlfriend of 3 years over from Canada for a mutual friend's wedding tomorrow.

So yesterday I had to scurry round the house hiding evidence of trying to conceive.

Pee sticks shoved in makeup bag which in turn is put behind bubble bath at back of cupboard.

Folic acid still needs to be accessible, mask it with marmite jar. Do they like marmite or hate it? Ok, further back behind the Lee & Perrins - they won't be cooking.

Blog writing and reading restricted to when they are out. Forgot to clear my internet history yesterday and houseguest went on the lap-top to check something out. I scanned his face trying to see the reflection of the website he was looking at in his eyes. Think I got away with it. Casually moved laptop.

Is it to much to leave a pack of condoms lying around?

Last night the girlfriend regaled us with a tale about her friends who got married on exactly the same day as us. The gist was she told husband that he wouldn't be able to get her pregnant, he said 'I'll show you', they had sex on a daily basis and now she is 7 months pregnant. I don't know these people, I don't care, I don't understand why the girlfriend felt the need to share the anecdote. I don't want her to know what we are going through.

The husband spent the duration of the tale trying to comfort me by rubbing my foot with his.

We changed topic. Was it bitchy to bring up the fact that tomorrow's Bride and Groom have been going out for less than a year and are already getting hitched; "You two have been going out three years, right?"

Well, fuck 'em. If they are going to be tactless I can play at that game too.

Yup, I'm turning into a bitter bi-atch.

It's just some people I don't mind knowing, even the boss. Others I can't stand the idea of them guessing we are having trouble. Do any of you have a distinct can know/ can't ever find out groups?

Resolution Update:
Last cup of tea Sunday
No Booze Monday - Wednesday, had a few beers tonight (can you tell?), tonight counts as the weekend cause off work tomorrow for a wedding
Folic acid taken daily
Not found yoga class
Not attempted acupuncture

**UPDATE**
The second most frequent search that ends up on this blog is 'clear private data'. Now, as interested as these folk might be in the trials and tribulations of trying to have a baby, because I am nothing but thoughtful and caring of my readership I've updated this post to give some real insights:
To delete your browsing history, cookies, saved passwords and form data from Internet Explorer:
  • Click the Tools button in the Internet Explorer toolbar.
  • Select Delete Browsing History... from the menu.
  • Click Delete All....
    • As an alternative, you can choose to delete Temporary Internet Files (the browser cache), Cookies, Form Data or Passwords selectively using their respective buttons.
  • Click Yes.
  • Close all Internet Explorer windows.




4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the tactless friend? who is bringing up things you would rather have left alone. Hope you still manage to have a good weekend. And yes, I do have a definite NO list of those who I don't discuss my IF stuff with. Strangely it's family. I'll discuss it with most anyone else. I know, I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also one for not sharing it with my family, it just feels too uncomfortable. Quick story about when I did mention something to my mum - she said that she thought we had decided not to have kids and that all I needed to do was relax!

    There's always one tactless friend - loved the comment you gave back, spot on. Hope you have a fantastic time at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of an out there type of person. I really don't feel like it's much different than any other type of medical problem. I think also for me, if they know that my tubes are blocked and there is no chance in hell I can get pregnant, they won't make stupid comments, like..you just need to stop trying so hard or the dreaded stories about people they know who had trouble and just when they had given up-wow-they got pregnant. I do not get into the nitty-gritty of all the treatments though except with a very few people.

    Good luck on your resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird parallel paths popping up once again, next Wednesday I have THREE bloody sisters visiting for a week.

    One knows, the others are clueless. We have been scanning the house for the tell tale signs, the bag of OPKs bought in bulk, the 6 bottles of vitamins and pills, the test results and appointment cards pinned to the pinboard...

    and tidying up a bit on the PC will be required too...

    Oi Vey!

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!