Wednesday, 9 July 2008

The Big Push


No, not that big push, that one comes 9 months after the deed.

I mentioned milestones before, but it was pretty negative. This is a positive one.

It's my birthday on Monday, 14 of July. The husband's is the start of June. And we both LOVE having summer birthdays.

I always remember feeling really sorry for my Grandpa who was born on Christmas day, especially when he told me one year his little sister got more Christmas presents that he got birthday and Christmas presents combined, this was 60-odd years later he told me so it really must have stung at the time.

So the optimum time for me to have a baby would be sometime between May to August. Its a win/win situation, the baby has the best time of year for a birthday (in my humble opinion). And I can sort my maternity leave out so I get the summer 'off'.

So bit of calculations, ideally I want to get pregnant between now and the end of November. No messing around, this is business time.

I'm giving myself four months of positive thinking and positive action.

Then, if that doesn't work, I can descend back into a miserable fug.

Oh go on! Wish me Happy Birthday for Monday - 32. What the hell happened to having a baby when I was 30?

I'm off now for a week and a bit but will catch up with your comments, and blogs, when I get back.



8 comments:

  1. Happy Pre-Birthday, oh what the heck, just start celebrating today!

    I too love having a summer birthday. July baby's rock, but I will be happy to have one myself anytime! I am so past the begging point, I can't even think about choosing anymore. I know what you mean about past goals. Mine was to have one by 35, today that goal went right out the window. Actually it went out the window 9 months ago, but who's counting.

    Hope you have a GREAT Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday, you share it with the next tightening of my braces!

    Happy Birthday shagging and all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! I love having a summer birthday too. The funny thing is that I was so sure I wanted to have a baby at Christmas time but my best friend whose birthday is 2 days before Christmas reminded me why I didn't want that. Of course that was when I thought I could plan for all this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday... enjoy your day and whilst you might not be where you want to be yet - there is hope for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here from L&F.

    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to yooooooou!!!
    Happy birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I hope it is a great one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your birthday wishes. I had a lovely day. NOw so many blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry I'm a week late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! July birthdays are the best; mine is the 12th. ;)

    I had the exact same thought you did - about when I'd ideally like my baby to be born. I think I even blogged about it earlier this spring. Having a summer birthday is the best. Of course I wouldn't be picky if it came down to it, but I get what you're saying. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!