Thursday, 19 June 2008

Still Waiting


If I was Phileas Fogg I'd be bounding into the Reform Club, new bride on one arm and the trusty Passepartout lugging my luggage behind.

Instead it has been 80 days since my last period and I have very little to show for it. If I had got pregnant during my last cycle I'd be gearing up for my 12 week scan just now, and probably suffering from morning sickness and feeling bloated - like a bilious hog (do you see what I did there?).

Even Jesus only spent 40 days in the wilderness I've been scratching around with my barren desert of a womb for double that (latent catholicism coming out there - see I'm culturally programmed to have at least 14 kids).

I feel cheated I should be ovulating for the third time since my last period

But I'll try and put a positive spin on it:

Positive: I've saved a fortune on tampax, pain killers and chocolate
But: I've spent a fortune on pregnancy tests and ovulations tests (I'm like the Pavlov's dog of the ttc world, now when I go to the loo I need to pee on something or it doesn't work)

Positive: I haven't had to take any time off work because of crippling period pains
However: I've had to take time off work to get rummaged around in and be prescribed Provera to bring my period on.

Positive: I haven't had to force the husband to have sex
Although: I haven't much felt like having sex

Positive: Without various hormones tearing round my body my mood has been consistent
Negative: My mood has been consistently a bit miserable




4 comments:

  1. All I can say is that you deserve sainthood for putting up with that. An 80 day cycle? (can I swear here?)

    Incidentally, we learned eventually that you may as well bit the bulet and buy those OPKs and HPT's online, buy in bulk, much much much cheaper.

    I have the site somewhere if you are interested.

    Buying in bulk is a bit of a head wreck also, as you have to kind of admit you may be in it for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swear the fuck the away xbox.

    I did bulk buy some Ovulation tests online but they were the ones that one line has to be darker than the other and is open to all kinds of doubt. I like the digital smiling face that couldn't be any clearer. But yes if you can dig the site out that'd be great.

    BTW keep meaning to say Holland are doing good hey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.saveontests.com is where we've gotten pretty good value, ships from Canada but still best value we found.

    We used the smiley face ones before, and they are easier to read, although I had an objection to the smiley face itself.

    They were dear though, and they really add up, and with a longer cycle that must really throw things out.

    These ones are now the two lines ones, which was a pain to get used to but we got the hang of it. Or maybe we can't use them at all, who knows, the proof is in the pudding as they say!

    Holland are storming it, and as fate might have it, their 1/4 final is Saturday night, which should be D-day, or O-day as the case may be.

    There's too much info right there !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness girl, once it starts it may never stop. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this torture, good to see that you have retained a sense of humor about it. Mine extended to forty-two days after IVF and I thought I was going to go insane. I think knowing I wasn't pregnant was the worst part. Hope the medication kicks in for you soon.

    ReplyDelete

I've resisted word verification for ages but I'm getting so many spam comments at the moment that I think it is time. Sorry!