Technically as I was due to take provera for a quarter of a year, or 3 months, or 12 weeks or 84 days (however you look at it, that's a goodly proportion of the year spent popping the pills), so the last day should be tomorrow. But there is something so auspicious about finishing the course of drugs with the finishing the old, shitty, year that I figured, its not an exact science a day either side isn't going to make a massive difference.
So I've stocked up for the period to end all ... no, wait a minute this period is supposed to kick start all periods (unless I get pregnant of course).
I've got my Dracular's tea bags all ready:
- Tampax* super plus
- Tampax multi pack mixed absorbency
And 'cause it might be a heavy one, and I'd rather not set my alarm at two hour intervals
- Always Ultra night
- Feminax Ultra - taking the pain killing to the max
- Big, old pants - not pictured I do have to draw the line somewhere, admittedly the line is somewhat wobbly
- Hot water bottle
- Stack of books, for any convalescing
Whatever happens, rest assured I will (over) share.
Happy New Year kids! This one is ours.
* No brand names were harmed during the writing of this post